The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Ted Wojcik steel framed mtb.. so that my brother would have something to ride when we vacation together. It came with a matching custom painted SID. I plan to sell it soon after he leaves. It is currently at my parent's house and we can't store there. It came with some nice parts.. which I am cleaning.

The frame has a lot of paint chips and chain suck. Also it has a very slight handle bar dent in the top tube :(

The good news it came with nice specs..

Rock Shock Sid - works!
Sram XO carbon RD
Sram XO grip shifters
Sram X9 cassette
XTR 95? rear hub
Race Face Next square taped Crank
Shimano U91 BB
Thomson Stem
Ringle Moby Seatpost (blue)
Chris King Headset
Mavic Crossland UST front wheel
XTR V brake
IRC Mythos II Tires

I want to keep the wheelset/ tires, XO carbon RD, and possibly the King Headset

I plan selling the frame and fork together and parting out the rest. How much could i get for the frame, fork, headset and stem if I sold as a set?

Any help would be appreciated.

main.php

main.php

[/url]

Ted W. frames are fantastic, but they don't pull a premium (for some reason). It's nice that you will keep the fork and frame together; it's only right, when painted to match.
I've seen the frames go for as little as $250, or as much as $500; add another $150 to $200, to that for the fork/headset. Need exact measurements, and better photos, to have a better idea.

When will it be for sale? I know a couple people that might be interested.

I would like to sell it by August 14th.. and mail it out then. The frame is an 18 inch with Reynolds 853 tubing. I emailed Ted W to find out what it was made out of.

Midorimage":18m4zenl said:
I would like to sell it by August 14th.. and mail it out then. The frame is an 18 inch with Reynolds 853 tubing. I emailed Ted W to find out what it was made out of.

great! I'll spread the word :cool:

Overburys circa 1990/91 elevated chainstay

I have an old Overbury's bicycle which I have had for over 20 years. I was thinking about selling it as I last used it 5 years ago for the London to Brighton ride! It has been in the shed ever since.

It is in need of some fairly major TLC, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it? The front forks are in pretty good condition... minimal rust. The frame has some areas of rust on, but considering how long I have had it, could be worse.

It has a lot of sentimental value to me, put together by a friend and it was very much coveted at the time! I used to get stopped in the street by people asking to buy it!

Any advice on whether it is worth anything or any comments at all gratefully received.

Shall endeavour to post a photo![/img]

Attachments

• IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 934
hmm I'm wondering how much I could sell it

Marin FRS ( Manitou FS clone) 95 early model

Frame ain't cracked I checked out everything yesterday
Forks need help and that's pretty much it, how much would this baby sell?

482114_4264234414862_661840612_n.jpg

Re: Overburys circa 1990/91 elevated chainstay

scoobybrighton":3rm4ufzn said:
I have an old Overbury's bicycle which I have had for over 20 years. I was thinking about selling it as I last used it 5 years ago for the London to Brighton ride! It has been in the shed ever since.

It is in need of some fairly major TLC, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it? The front forks are in pretty good condition... minimal rust. The frame has some areas of rust on, but considering how long I have had it, could be worse.

It has a lot of sentimental value to me, put together by a friend and it was very much coveted at the time! I used to get stopped in the street by people asking to buy it!

Any advice on whether it is worth anything or any comments at all gratefully received.

Shall endeavour to post a photo!

I'm not the best person to have a go at giving you a value for it, and considering how rare they are I suspect it won't be easy for anyone to give a good estimate, but I'm very confident there will be a lot of people on here interested in buying it if you want to sell it.

scoobybrighton":1slz1lrw said:

A tatty frame went for £282 on eBay recently so you're looking at something north of that: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=190632

scoobybrighton":3us8miuo said:

good gravy!

Attachments

• overbury's e-stay.jpg
    overbury's e-stay.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 876

scoobybrighton":3hvz2okx said:

Mate thank you for posting this up.

Can i ask has the frame ever been repaired, especially around the tube join in the center of the frame...?

Also woul it be possible to see close up pictures of all and any rot in the frame,

Also posting my interest in this please.

Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back