LOOK KG96

I think there is no size in a Mavic seatpost for this bike. If you look at Looks from the ONCE team (Lejarreta, Fuerte, etc. era) the have full Mavic bikes but the seatpost is not Mavic. I think they made the seatpost only in one size.

Lovely bike!

From the Look catalogue,
403498396.jpg

Promotional photo from O.N.C.E. team. Rider is Johnny Weltz. As you can see the post is not a Mavic.
Acording to the Bike Pro archives "The Mavic 330 is made in France, and is available in, 26.2mm, 26.4mm, 26.6mm, 26.8mm, 27.0mm, and 27.2mm sizes. ".
I remembered that they only made it in one size, but my memory it is not what it used to be...

Attachments

• WELTZ Johnny 91.JPG
    WELTZ Johnny 91.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,138
Starfish Crank

I don't entirely dislike the starfish crank. I think its a bit bulky looking for a frame like the KG96. When I see them mounted on a frame like these early LOOK bikes the starfish just takes over the build. I didnt want that for this bike. I do love Mavic parts in general for their aestetics and durability. They are getting hard to come by nowadays...

Fully agree about the chainset comment. The Mavic does look very bulky, much like the new horrendous Shimano ones. I purposely went for something different to the new Dura Ace on my new bike as they just take over the slenderness on a frame like this.

Even that Rolls in the catalogue picture looks waaay too big for the frameset.

i run the triple starfish on my mountain bike.they look big from the side but side on they are really slender....love how the bike looks tho...nice job.

Back