Stock colours for clockworks

Colours

We used to have a great dealer in Scarborough, Len Raine cycles and he had some really trick one off Orange frames.
I remember a few Clockwork frames in a "Coffee Creme" finish, Chocolate coloured ends over deep cream. They had some Metallic purple ones too.
They had a Vitamin T anodised purple and one of the Aluminium models in both Ano'd Purple and Orange (this wasn't paint). I believe Orange would paint a frame any colour you wanted and build any kit you wanted on it, they were more of a custom builder back then.

Been on holiday so missed this one. When I've got more time I'll have a proper look.

Black was available late 80's and was offered in some form or other up until the c16 came out.

Seem to remember the pink/white, yellow/white were very early 90's options, maybe even 89. Only ever saw them in the original Airevalley and think they moved to the new shop around 91/2.

Silver grey was a stock colour around 91-3. It was the look I tried to replicate with my grey one. Around the same time you could get 2 different styles of purple/orange fade.

Don't think silver/purple was ever a Clockwork colour, it was Prestige (1993/4) with the Clockwork having the aqua blue/silver.

You could get a blue one around 1997.

I'll have a look for others. ;)

brocklander wrote "Silver grey was a stock colour around 91-3. It was the look I tried to replicate with my grey one."

You mean MY grey one?! ;)

My 94 is "Pewter" its that off white sort of grey silver colour

The one next to it on the rack was pewter with blue fades arond the joints. I've seen a couple with the blue bits and one with purple instead of blue around the joints but never another the same as mine. Perhaps they ran out of blue paint that day.

my 92 is purple and orange fade - its not in great nick so i'm thinking of getting it resprayed the same colours. do you guys think its the right thing to do or should i keep it original? wold ranger, it was bought from richardsons in scarborough back in the day!

Latest posts

Back