Olympic opening ceremony

Different to your typical Olympic opening ceremony, and better for it I think. It certainly had the surreal touch of Danny Boyle on it, but was also humorous (Mr Bean!), exciting (the torch at the end was spectacular), and the unintelligible (Dizzy whassisface??)

Anyone else see this from ze Germans...???

8047_405000742880455_34877914_n.jpg

Camilla looks incredulous... Boris looks like he's pissing himself laughing :LOL:

jimo746":1wmdxg5v said:
Different to your typical Olympic opening ceremony, and better for it I think. It certainly had the surreal touch of Danny Boyle on it, but was also humorous (Mr Bean!), exciting (the torch at the end was spectacular), and the unintelligible (Dizzy whassisface??)

Anyone else see this from ze Germans...???

8047_405000742880455_34877914_n.jpg

Camilla looks incredulous... Boris looks like he's pissing himself laughing :LOL:

It was hilarious. Did you see Camilla and Charles screaming with laughter 30 secs later!!!!!

I was honoured to be one of the Dove Bike riders in the Opening Ceremony! We auditioned back in March following a request via British Cycling and 70-odd riders began rehearsing about 8 weeks ago first in Dagenham and then Stratford. The bikes were pretty basic Dawes hybrids but the wings are a marvel of design - sadly we don't get to keep them. Originally, the bike sequence was to feature Fire Bikes, BMX and a peloton but this was cut quite late only leaving the Dove bike sequence intact.
There's nothing quite like riding into a stadium-full of 80,000 people to the musical accompaniment of the Arctic Monkeys!

I have to say i'm not impressed with all the cost etc, BUT thought the opening was one of a kind, very good. :D

I know Paul McCartney is a living legend and everything, but his day has unfortunately been and gone :(
Voice has gone :( Happens to the best of them.

missed most of it ,came in at about 11:30
wifey reckoned it was quite good , a decent enough apprasial for me
i was impressed with the huge amount of stuff going on in what i saw tho
didn't understand why macartney was on , but when you think about it
elgars dead ,and i dont think benjamin brittens much healthier so....
i bet lord boyles off the sleeping pills tonight

Went to the full dress rehersal on wednesday evening, and it was the most amazing thing i have ever seen :shock: it was good watching it on the telly but you just cant get the fantastic atmosphere in the stadium :D
when they changed the set from the village green the industrial revolution it was just mind blowing :shock:
the best free evening i have ever had :D
Mick :)

If that ceremony didn't make you feel proud to be British you have ice water in your veins, no heart, and you're dead from the neck up! :roll:

It was an absolutely stunning spectacle, so well thought out and produced; a tribute to all who took part...

...I was moved to tears more than once; no more so than to see John Lydon snarling 'Pretty Vacant' down from the giant screens while the 'Punks' pogo'd around the stage! :D :shock: :D :cool: :eek: :cool:

It was as though the theme was 'We are proud to be GREAT Britain, this is what we gave you; now if you don't like it, F*CK YOU!'

Beforehand I wasn't sure if we could pull it off, especially following Beijing, but this was just the best!

Back