Show us yer FSR's

Here are some decals I found. Ya just gotta find someone to makem sticky!

Attachments

• decalproofs2.jpg
    decalproofs2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,385
  • image0012.jpg
    image0012.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,385
I just tried to install a 200 mm i2i rear shock on my 99' FSR DH and it was far to big. The linkage rubbed on the shock spring and I had to compress it to even come close to mounting it. Luckly I was able to send it back. I need a 180 mm max i2i with atleast 50 mm stroke.
The current i2i is 165 mm with 38 mm stroke..... not enough; I need more! Ha Ha Ha!

What width rear tyres are people managing to fit on these?

I have a set of Tioga Factory DH's that I was going to use but the rear is running almost no clearance. :x

Is this because of the pronounced side lugs on these tyres?

What other tyres are people using?

Many thanks.

I managed a cheap 2.3 on my 97 comp that has the same chainstays of my elite/max, on my elite/max i run Conti Mountain King Mk2`s in 2.2 size.

I belive the none max bikes have different chainstays though.

Bullpup":y5dumxh6 said:
What width rear tyres are people managing to fit on these?

I have a set of Tioga Factory DH's that I was going to use but the rear is running almost no clearance. :x

Is this because of the pronounced side lugs on these tyres?

What other tyres are people using?

Many thanks.

i'm running IRC Kujos 2.35 and i have a little room, wouldn't go bigger though as you'd need some mud clearance.
tiogas do have rather chunky side lugs :)

twain":15ifk4cj said:
i'm running IRC Kujos 2.35 and i have a little room, wouldn't go bigger though as you'd need some mud clearance.

I have no mud clearance.

I have some 2.3 Continentals - I will give them a try.

By the way, Chainstay now drilled for the Sharks fin at last - thank you for the dimensions. Jr T's installed using a Crank Bros Sage and an Azonic Hammer. Progress at last.

Am i barking up the wrong tree for even thinking i could source some proper elite/max decals ?

Really want to strip mine down and respray it but i wont do it if i cant find a proper sticker kit to make it look normal.

Bullpup":7bxha57z said:
twain":7bxha57z said:

I have no mud clearance.

I have some 2.3 Continentals - I will give them a try.

By the way, Chainstay now drilled for the Sharks fin at last - thank you for the dimensions. Jr T's installed using a Crank Bros Sage and an Azonic Hammer. Progress at last.

no worries! glad they came in of some use! :)
i have the max back bone chain/seat stays, so they may have more clearance than what you have anyway... the kujo's are heavy, may look into some thing a little lighter soon!

Back