Calling motor mechanics (or anyone with an opinion!)

I have only ever replaced wheel bearings when doing restorations of vehicles, I have really never known them to fail, although I have heard the bearings on Clios seem rather small for the vehicle, but my Clio, a Mark 1 phase 2 model with 104k the bearings are fine.

Oh and the car I wrecked the rim and suspension control arm on, an '84 Cavalier, the bearings weren't replaced, but Clio, I understand the wheel bearings especially the front ones are a known problem area.

http://www.theaa.com/staticdocs/pdf/car ... _U9667.PDF

hi
have you tried doncaster motor spares they have a very big car parts base and are not badly priced.
thwang

hopefully not too late to add my experiences here,

firstly i have just sold a set of these on ebay last week! typical.

i have experience with straightening alloys and have had no ill effects. to be perfectly open i have had one straightened that cracked in the process but it was a cheap wheel that had a very bad buckle.

something worth considering is that sometimes a wheel can be buckled along the spoke - these are very difficuly to remove

the guy i use has a very expensive piece of machinery which is designed to reshape the wheels gradually thus reducing the stresses involved.

if its not too late and you can be without the wheel for a week you could post it to me. he charges £45 to remove a standard buckle. i could then post it back

as for replica wheels, dont believe the hype. there is a reason genuine wheels are 3/4 times the price!

Back