Olympic road race Saturday

I am local and would try and get to Headley Heath.
I would go up Pebble Hill and at the top go a few hundred yards and there is a bridleway that goes across to Headley Heath.
From Headley heath you can get to the zig zag and mickelham without going on roads.
I think the steepest bit is Leech lane up to the golf course.
the fastest bit is going to be from round about down to the
Givons Grove round about.

Anybody watching this?

The BBC coverage is absolutely pish.

Porter and Boardman haven't a clue what's going on (maybe not their fault), long silences, no information, as for much of the time there's no information on screen. When they do put a graphic up it shows the gap between the leaders and the rear, FFS, of the peloton.
Have the BBC not watched ITV4's coverage of the Tour de France?
That's the way to do it, accurate updates constantly on screen letting you know the time gaps, who is in breakaway etc. Boardman and Porter have just started to yap a bit more, maybe they've been told to get on with it as I did hear Porter talking to director?, during one of the "silences". Nope, still long silent periods. Jeez.

FFS, this coverage is dire.

Your doing better than me, both the computer and the telly tell me that coverage is unavailable :evil:

Off to find 5 live!

Try re-tuning your TV channels as the BBC have added extra channels for the Olympics. It's on 301 just now.

Boardman just exclaimed in surprise, as, briefly, there was a a proper time gap graphic came up on screen. It's gone again.

BBC, absolute feckin amateurs.
Boardman and Porter commenting on the lack of graphics, too.

Bloody funny earlier :LOL:
Porter was commenting on how hard team GB were having to work early on to close the gap to the breakaway, just as he finished Boardman chimed in with "the gap is up from 2 mins to 3 mins" not working that hard then :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They should pension off Porter, is a bit too Murray Walker for me.
Mind you Boardman and Porter seem to be as much in the dark, information wise, as us.

Brilliant, thanks.

I only retuned the tv a couple of days ago, anyway, got it now with 130k to go. I think I'll go work on the bikes for a couple of hours ;)

watching the race at Ed Edwards place right now :D Hope one of the Dutchies will win though :D :D

Back