oh dear... Saracen kili content

Hi

How did this end... ??

Did you get your chrome frame ?

If you did how is the ride and how is your setup ?

I'm out for a frame to a reasonably price and found the chrome and ti frame from them fine 400£ chrome and ti just under 800£ but cant find any telling about there bikes or any other reviews.

Cheers
Carsten

Hi Carsten,

In the end i got a cromo frame and are still in the process of building it up.. I have been very busy of late and just haven't had the time for building bikes as such..

Here is the thread for the flyer cromo with frame only pics.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195358

The ti frame is very nice and considerably lighter than the cromo. However, I do think that the cromo frame is nicer to look at and weight isn't everything.

Hehe I have a weakness for titan frames, love the way it rides but the cost are quite high but the Kili is possible to get quite cheep now.

Can only agree that the painted steel looks very nice and finish top notch and very tempting, have you had a wheel in the rearstay ?

Thinking about some 650b wheels if there are space for it and there are probably more space on the steel then on the Ti.

quite big clearance on both the ti and cromo. I reckon the steel would stand a better chance of running 650b wheels.

One thing i will add is that the frame sizing is a bit silly.

The large 19" frame is massive and the medium 17" is quite small. Ideally at 5' 11" I would prefer maybe an in-between size. Check out the Saracen website for the guide on the geometry.

The ti can be had for £1850 if you shop around, then maybe sell the parts in order to fit the bits you desire.

Thanks...

Have realcycles.com in front of me.. the 2011 cr-mo price 335£, very fair price :)

If its worth buying a complete Ti to 1850£ I'm not sure since the parts are 2011 parts which already can be bought rather cheap now and considering the frame price on 793£ and the extra fright to Denmark and work splitting.

Its the first time I see some good pictures of the cr-mo frame and it it really nice and tasty :)

Do you have an idea on when you can find the time to get the bike finished and ready to trail rape :)

Yes £335 is a good price and what i paid for the cromo.

Since you mention it, it probably isn't worth buying the whole bike.. Not sure i would pay over double the money the cromo costs to get the ti frame :? If i had the money to spend i probably would.

I reckon i will have the bike built up by the end of September.. It is quite a costly build and to be honest i am having so much fun on the trails on my 98 kili 853 ;)

sorry to dredge up old threads..but can I ask you what size the Ti frame is in your photo? 19" or 20"?
Thanks

I have to admit to being pleasantly suprised by saracens rebirth as such and the ti and all the new kili range has rather caught my eye

Thanks for the reply. As I suspected then, there are plenty of 21" examples around at great prices, I cannot find any photos of a 21" frame built up though! I don't really want to end up with a gate...
Nice builds by the way, shame about the packing of the ti version.

Cheers

Back