Olympic opening ceremony

I wonder what the rest of the world thought to the very British start to the Olympics

Well I sat down to watch it with an open mind, not wanting to expect too much and hoping to waste an hour or 2, I have watched it all and thought that it was the best display of all things GREAT BRITISH and thought the opening ceremony was a perfect representation.

God Save the Queen. :D :D

Easy_Rider":1jbkjkr4 said:
Were they not doves?

To me came the Liberal Democrats logo of the bird of freedom, maybe Cleggy had a say after all.

But yes it was impressive, but the most moving part for me was those who carried the Olympic flag and Muhammed Ali as he is now - real achievers !

Some part of me though proud to be British, but that was stamped down by the notion of pomp and ceremony, window dressing and little else more, because whilst the olympics focuses on winners and achievers, there are many who can't compete, or are not achievers, what of them ?

But perhaps it is good to see what austerity paid for, so those affected the most can feel proud to be british and look forward to more difficult times, because what business this lot brings, how will the hard pressed man on the street benefit?

Not enthused about the chaos, mayhem and disruption the games have and are bringing and didn't bother to watch it - went to bed early with spike mi8lligans meaning of life!

silverclaws":2pw26tsg said:
how will the hard pressed man on the street benefit?

well some homeowners around the Olympic area were given money to spruce up and tidy up the outsides of their homes. funnily enough they mostly bought new tellys, i- things and suchlike.

I thought was bloody brilliant, the missus was sobbing through parts of it. The first section about the Industrial revolution was the best, the middle section a little weaker and the rest was great. I was a little annoyed with the official language use, but overall a bloody great success.

Back