Bike Jumbles

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
What's your opinion? I've done a few I find it quite dissappointing that I'm linched as soon as I open my boot. Makes me think that all the bargain stuff has been snapped up before joe public even turn up.

Still a good opportunity to grab a few bargains and find that part you've been looking for.

I've done a couple too and hate it when the other traders crowd around and delve into boxes before i've even opened them! :evil:

I'm going to the Manchester velodrome jumble in August so what i may do is leave everything in the car until the public arrive and then put it on display.

I've made a good amount of money each time i've done one , though the trick is not to spend your proceeds straight away!

oldmuthariley":1asw4wpx said:
I'm going to the Manchester velodrome jumble in August so what i may do is leave everything in the car until the public arrive and then put it on display.

Last one I did I turned up so late that the traders were too busy trading to delve straight in, well it didn't stop them all but in did give general public a chance to do the same.

I think my other tactic maybe too inflate my prices for the traders then lower them when the public come in.

I guess the benefits of the sold before its for sale trader deal is the quick deal. The first jumble I did I could have got away with not having a stall at all!

Had direct run ins with the Campag dealers who turn up at the jumbles early. They instantly get a 200%+ charge for taking the spirit out of the jumble.
Last one I went to this dealer picked every piece of old campag up off my friends table to subsequently be told it wasn't for sale..... to him anyway.

Unfortunately now I think the best of the jumbles have been lost to the online trade now, and that the jumbles are just one of the better opportunities to see some quality machines brought along for show rather than sale by the true enthusiasts.

I've got 5 sets of original campagnolo 10 speed silver skewers, a set of silver campagnolo 10 speed hubs, record headeset , bottom brackets etc - i may just tease them and say they're just for show!

I think you're right about online forums and auction sites have pretty much obliterated the cycle jumble. It's also the source of the feeding frenzy as bargains get snapped up to be sold online for profit.

Shame.

Still quite enjoy the odd jumble though :)

jumbles

If you want to sell your Record headset to an enthusiast then look no further.I'm looking for one for my Raleigh Gran Sport from 83
Also looking for a sloping crown front fork.going to be a rider though,hopefuly a nice steel commute to work this coming winter
Malc

Latest posts

Back