Steel hardtails rule (not a Cotic shock horror!)

fuzzywig":1jkhys71 said:
Might even get to ride it again if CRC honour the fork warranty a fix the blimmin' things :evil: 6 weeks, lots of bull and still no fork...

sanderson015.jpg

cool lookin' bike :cool:
what's the issue with the forks may i ask? i have the same forks on one of my bikes and they work flawlessly.

fuzzywig":2kxdqa3t said:
No it's a 16... Sanderson's are really long in the TT.

I was there dacades ago, there was just a period inbetween when you couldn't get a nice steel hardtail without spending a mint...

ss.jpg

One I rode earlier, and still do.

What chain tensioner have you got on there mate?

The fork has damping cartridge issues, but the biggest problem is getting CRC to honour the warranty, still in negotiations with 'em so won't go into too much detail :x

The chain tensioner is is a Gusset one, but be warned if you get one as the grub screw which adjusts the jockey wheel for chain alignment is probably siezed solid and won't function. I've seem two and both had the same problem (2.5mm grub screw torqued up to 50000000N/m), I was lucky with mine and it lines up OK so didn't need to adjust it....

Everyone's in a right tizzy over the seat post. It's is 40mm off min insertion line when it's high, RaceFace post owners will know they are crazy long it's a good job too because of the BB height on a Sanderson (only hardtail I know whose BB is higher than the wheel axles) still handles well though.

fuzzywig":2pq47agi said:
The fork has damping cartridge issues, but the biggest problem is getting CRC to honour the warranty, still in negotiations with 'em so won't go into too much detail :x

The chain tensioner is is a Gusset one, but be warned if you get one as the grub screw which adjusts the jockey wheel for chain alignment is probably siezed solid and won't function. I've seem two and both had the same problem (2.5mm grub screw torqued up to 50000000N/m), I was lucky with mine and it lines up OK so didn't need to adjust it....

cheers

fuzzywig":cdouaydg said:
Everyone's in a right tizzy over the seat post. It's is 40mm off min insertion line when it's high, RaceFace post owners will know they are crazy long it's a good job too because of the BB height on a Sanderson (only hardtail I know whose BB is higher than the wheel axles) still handles well though.

That isn't the point. The post should extend below the bottom of the top tube by an inch at least, preferably more, whether or not the minimum insert line is safe.
The longest Race Face posts are 410mm, and it may be OK , it may not.
yep, you have a few very experienced members here expressing concern, but hey, it's your call; it ain't my frame that's going to get toasted...

suburbanreuben":1b1jhks1 said:
fuzzywig":1b1jhks1 said:

That isn't the point. The post should extend below the bottom of the top tube by an inch at least, preferably more, whether or not the minimum insert line is safe.
The longest Race Face posts are 410mm, and it may be OK , it may not.
yep, you have a few very experienced members here expressing concern, but hey, it's your call; it ain't my frame that's going to get toasted...

Just my thinking Nick.

To be sure I would run a 450mm post a la the Gusset Lofty

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/60 ... 450mm.html

£23 seems a small price for the additional piece of mind.

Just my 2 cents :p

cool bike steel always build a quality ride as for the seat post i run tompson posts, the long ones because they are best posts period.
but the bottom of the post is lower then the top tube junction........just for safety

Back