Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1994 - Update 26.01.13

beepbeep":3eh6fi4z said:
Wow! That looks insane! :cool: I can't believe that's the same frame I sold you...
Yeah! I know, just goes to show what solid frames they are!! The worst of the rust pitting underneath is no longer visible. All tidied up & silky smooth...going to Wax Oil the inside as best I can as further precaution. It's come out a treat & as I said above, can't take the credit for that, but it's been well worth the strip down(s). Looking forward to riding it & seeing what all this Rocky fuss is over ... :LOL: If I ever come to Sweden, you'll have to take me there & we can get a photo...

captaincosmic":2pqp0q87 said:
Bees knees ;)
Up there with yours Steve! It's your 92 that inspired the P2s & attention to detail! I'll let you know once it's up & running & I'm able to ride, can hook up for the RM owners club outing :LOL:

Oh can just see the pearlescence on the forks and it looks nice from here :)

Without reading back, what was the eventual finish/paint procedure used ?

Makes me want to do something with my '93 altitude that stuck behind a cupboard, just not sure what yet.

Ben,
You know I'm not 100%? I left it all to the Paint Guru. Maybe he'll chip in with some secrets? I know it had to be shot blasted again & Neutral bathed as where I had taken it, the paint wasn't adhering. Once that got done he was able to apply the primers, both a base & filler primer I think?? The white, I think a flat white was applied with a pearl top coating, but again I'm not certain. Obviously he clear coated over all of that...

Cheers for the Positives Fellas! Not forgotten you Mike, out of sight slightly...
Pretty much there, just waiting to give the paint time to harden as per the PaintGuy's advice. Just got a 27.0 Post to sort...RF/Syncros or XT.
Glad I never sold it! I was close, but glad I didn't get the final offer...should be ready just in time for Summer's end!...

Quick update from this afternoon. Put my wheels together, well, put the tyres & cassette on. Can't take Credit for the build of these, that goes to Dan - aka Cannondale King...

Thanks in no order to:
Jeff - Sidekick416 for the NOS M730/2 Hubs
Stu - FMJ for Fresh Canadian HG70 7spd Cassette
Dan - Cannondale King for the awesome build of these wheels & for personally delivering them at Mayhem!

Think these will be the Dry only set. I have another set of wheels with part complete M732 onto M231 to sort at some point...

SSA41846.jpg

SSA41845.jpg

SSA41844.jpg

SSA41843.jpg

SSA41842.jpg

SSA41841.jpg

claret73":ua10emfe said:
Quick update from this afternoon. Put my wheels together, well, put the tyres & cassette on. Can't take Credit for the build of these, that goes to Dan - aka Cannondale King...

Thanks in no order to:
Jeff - Sidekick416 for the NOS M730/2 Hubs
Stu - FMJ for Fresh Canadian HG70 7spd Cassette
Dan - Cannondale King for the awesome build of these wheels & for personally delivering them at Mayhem!

Think these will be the Dry only set. I have another set of wheels with part complete M732 onto M231 to sort at some point...

SSA41846.jpg

SSA41845.jpg

SSA41844.jpg

SSA41843.jpg

SSA41842.jpg

SSA41841.jpg

I've got set of GT hadley wheels made by cannondale king I love them

Back