Show us yer FSR's

Max Backbone is only possible on rectangular tube frames. These were stiffer but heavier than the round ones. Max Backbone should be a sticker on the chainstays or so, these were also thicker than the normal ones.

DubDuck":17lgg7hr said:
S-M":17lgg7hr said:
Righty, so i have been informed that my new bike is not just an Elite, its an Elite Max Backbone, this makes more sense, as it has the earlier beefy chainstays, it feels like it has more rear travel, and it has the extra reinforcement around the head tube.

It also has Max Backbone on the decals (missed this at first LOL)

Even more happy :D
Where does your bike say Max Backbone? I was sure mine was a max backbone too but haven't seen a decal with it. Just the Big Hit decal on the FSR suspension.

The decal on my downtube, the text inside the large black sticker.
I have researched further and the Max supposedly comes with an extra inch of rear travel (not sure if the elite gets this?), it comes with uprated chainstays (that are IDENTICAL to my 98 fsr comp chainstays) and extra reinforcement around the head tube. Plus the decals :D

not sure how much this will help anyone, but a chap on this forum had a catalogue that included details on the FSR range, includingElites. he was kind enough to send me some scans of the pages that contained FSR info:

Attachments

• FSR doc 1.jpg
    FSR doc 1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,681
  • FSR doc 2.jpg
    FSR doc 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,680
  • FSR doc 3.jpg
    FSR doc 3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,680
  • FSR doc 4.jpg
    FSR doc 4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,680
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Ground Control (w/out FSR) have been bad frames actually, they were real shock crushers. (Like the early AMP B frames)

DubDuck":ovrkbgyw said:
Here's the a video of my second ride at North Star. Now this is how a FSR should be riden. I'm totally spoiled. Nothing I've riden so far compares to North Star. Whistler is next on my list......

http://youtu.be/26BALUdA1w0

Great bike and video mate , Could I ask you where you got the fsr dh decal from?

I just bought this bike 4 months ago and the DH decal came on it. I've seen another FSR just like mine on-line in the same paint and decal scheme. It even had the same gold rear suspension linkage. I believe this is a DH model.
The only difference I've seen between mine and this other 99' FSR DH was my triple crown forks.
It's got the Big Hit FSR suspension too. I love this bike even if my friends keep telling me to sell it for a more modern DH bike.

Back