Why's everyone against polished frames??

hamster":javjjg40 said:
A sports bike is a big difference to an MTB that gets covered in mud!

More time polishing = less time riding.

It's up to you how to spend your leisure time...

Maybe more time polishing for you but I polish plenty and I'm closing in on 2500 miles for the year. That's miles not k's. Some people do ride and take care of their bikes and keep them looking good. Just saying.

velomaniac":2orp5br4 said:
Polished aluminium frames are kind of like raw carbon frames in that when its the new material you want to show it off to say look what i got.

You got that wrong, carbon came after polished aluminum and Ti frames so I guess carbon is more like a polished frame then? In regards to your sig....it is hard to polish a turd :D One reason why many of us chose to stick with the higher end bikes. They work better and ride better too.

What? :shock: Against?? who says so? :?
Lots of polished frames on here lots.In this line of hobby you'd better be handy with the autosol and polishing cloths if you want things to look nice. ;)

i have at least 6 polished framed bikes , mostly GT's tho

@rider ,that an exup you got there ?

rider":2adpasu3 said:
Go for it, then You can report what durability You got with what type of polish. :cool:

The Dale I had polished as the paint was hammered and shabby :(
I went for mirror polishing and although warned by the people who finished it for me that it could mark, The mud doesnt stick to it and its holding up better than painted bikes I use:)
The mud used to stick to the old matt paint finish and I think that was part of its own downfall :(

It' what the laaaaadies like ;)

Just finished polishing my RTS, came up great, had a spesh sworks M2 back in the day that I stripped and polished, rode it for years and it was never too much of a drama to clean it

Go for it I recon
:)

Back