96 Zaskar LE - my first proper build - FINISHED pg2!!!!!!!

Suprised you haven't had more comments. Looking tops, mate. Big fan of Zaskars and that's cracking. :) Just got to get out there and hammer it now to get the full benefit. :)

yummy,

I'm a sucker for a good Zaskar. Nice work on the polishing, and really liking how you've tied the colours in.. :cool:

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

Took her out for the promised blast round Delamere Forest on Saturday. It's not tough terain, but she was an utter joy to ride. She gave me an immediate confidence to push it as hard as I could - to the point of my lungs giving out!!

I was a clear 10 minutes faster over 10 miles that I was on a '96 P7 a few weeks back

Can't wait to get her finished, seat post (cheers mtbDave) and seat clamp are on the way AND i think I've found the perfect wheelset. I won't say anymore but if they're still for sale come payday next week I'll be buying! Fingers crossed

Thinking of chopping the bars down, seems a shame but they are a little wide at the mo.

Any suggestions??

I said I'd wait till payday to make a decision on the wheels I'd found...... I didn't even make it till the end of the day

Have pulled the trigger already! I'm helpless when I've seen something I want.

Set of NOS XTR M950 laced to Mavic X517 in Black.

Can't wait to see/fit them!

Need some ceramic v brake cartridge pads though, any advice/recommendations???

Am I the only person who gets stuff delivered to work then sneaks it into the shed hoping it will go unnoticed by her indoors???

Declaring this project finished! Only thing missing is some blue skewers, but I'm not too fussed about those. They'll show up at some point I hope

Over the moon with the finished article, rides beautifully and looks the nuts!

Spec sheet:

Frame: 1996 GT Zaskar

Fork: Rock Shox Judy SL

Headset: Chris Kind Sotte Vocce
Stem: NOS Fred Salmon CNC'd
Handlebar: X Lite Xpert - Blue
Grips: NOS Onza Porcipaw
Barends: X Lite stubbies - Silver

Brakes: XTR M952 V Brake
Brake Pads: XTR cartridge
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: N/A
Brake Levers: XTR M952 V Brake Levers

Shifters: XTR M952 8 Speed
Front Derailleur: XTR M950 bottom pull
Rear Derailleur: XTR M952
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: 8 Speed Hyper Glide
Chain: ?
Cranks: XTR M952
Crank Bolts: XTR M952
Chainrings: XTR M952
Chainring bolts: A2Z Blue Ano
Bottom Bracket: XTR M952
Pedals: XT M737

Hub Skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: NOS Mavic x517 ceramic
Hubs: NOX XTR M950
Nipples: ?
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: WTB Velociraptor
Tubes: ?

Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Syncros Alu
Seatpost Binder: NoS X Lite - blue

Weight: not weighed yet!

Few more photos:

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

done5.jpg

Would love to read your comments, good or bad, cheers!

:) :) :) very good job on your build,it looks fantastic,very well done,i bet it handles anything you throw at it,you have built it to a good standard,with some very good kit,i just hope mine looks half as good,mines got xt kit on,m739 etc,anyway enjoy,hope alls well,all the best and the rest.. ;)

looks awesome. love it. note your comments re the syncros stem problems, but for me, that is the only thing i think it needs to finish it off and match it up really nicely! syncros!

well done on the build. the M950 XTR always looks fantastic on a burnished Zaskar

Looks great...!! Can't beat that high of seeing a build come together :)

But once complete what next ???

Start another build :D :D :D

Back