Sora 3300 brake issue

titch__16

Retro Guru
I'm very new to modern road parts and I'm trying to set up a CX bike. I want to fit the levers with cantilever brakes, but when the lever is pulled the brake doesn't clamp on the rim, even though it's as tight as possible without rubbing on the rim. Is there a bolt for adjusting or anything like that? Do I need different brakes?

i'm guessing you need to use one hand to squeese the brake blocks close to the rim and take up the slack in the cable. Check that the wheel release lever isn't up on the caliper too.

3300 is, IIRC, for DP brakes, so there won't be enough cable pull to operate cantis.

Your best option is to get some Tektro brake levers designed for the job and so DT or barend shifters (or go disc, in which case you can use those levers with Avid BB7 Road calipers)

Sorry for no reply. I'm using Kore Cross Stops with the levers. I tried them with out the cable being wrapped with bar tape and it seemed fine, but once I put the tape on the lever pulls all the way to bar without proper braking. I can't tkae pics at the moment, and what are 'DP brakes'?

sometimes if your brake outer is too short, when you tape it to the bars it can pull out of the stops in levers under the hoods in road styles levers......pics would be better

Back