Rider without a clue

ScillySuffolk":1igvagal said:
David B":1igvagal said:
...Not sure about that Raleigh info, though...
I've no experience of Raleigh (apart from the fetching gold Medale I owned in the early Eighties), but I wanted to mention them as I was referring to Peugeot threading and Sheldon was the first item to come up in a search.

Surely Sheldon can't be wrong? :shock:

I've taken his advice twice and he's been wrong twice....

I took the sage advice offered here and bought from another forum member.

The plan is to renew the decals and build up with a mix of original and modern parts, which is pretty much what I do with my MTB's.

Here's the blank canvas:

DSC_0112.jpg

No, not Hilary Stone, that one went in a hurry and was a size smaller than mine.

I got this one from Gunscrossed, who is a new member.

I've just been taking some pictures and dimensions of the decals. My son is going to produce some artwork for me (handy having a graphic designer in the family) and then I'll get Gil_m to print me up a couple.

Other plans are for a pair of carbon forks at some point, but first I have to learn to ride the thing :oops:

Why not?

From the (sparse) information I have managed to find so far; the factory option was for Mizuno carbon forks or Raleigh steel straight blade forks. Not quite sure how mine ended up with curved steel forks, but judging from what I've been able to dig up on frame numbers, mine is a pretty late K designation frame, so could have been a last gasp parts bin special before production moved.

First job is to get the bike (and me) mobile, I can then decide what, if any, changes I'd like to make.

NeilM":ess8wo5y said:
Why not?

From the (sparse) information I have managed to find so far; the factory option was for Mizuho carbon forks or Raleigh steel straight blade forks. Not quite sure how mine ended up with curved steel forks, but judging from what I've been able to dig up on frame numbers, mine is a pretty late K designation frame, so could have been a last gasp parts bin special before production moved.

First job is to get the bike (and me) mobile, I can then decide what, if any, changes I'd like to make.

I see, that makes sense then. It just looks really good with those forks but I can see straight ones suiting it even better. Black carbon forks always look like an add-on (I know I have them on my modern bike :().

But it's not my bike, so I'll shut up now :LOL: .

Mark.

daccordimark":2s2hoboe said:
I see, that makes sense then. It just looks really good with those forks but I can see straight ones suiting it even better. Black carbon forks always look like an add-on (I know I have them on my modern bike :().

But it's not my bike, so I'll shut up now :LOL: .

Mark.

I appreciate the input Mark. I have been involved with MTB's since the mid 1980's, but I know Jack Schmitt about road bikes. Fortunately, I have this site, plus a dedicated roadie for a son, so I am accumulating knowledge rapidly.

These RSP bikes are a bit of an oddity. There seem to be a few around, but I have yet to see two built to the same spec. I know that is the nature of the RSP products, but I'm sure they weren't all one off custom jobs..... or perhaps they were :roll:

I'm glad you like the bike as it is, it does have an appeal, so I may well leave it alone.

Trouble is, I'm an inveterate tinkerer :oops:

Back