1994 Marin Palisades Trail - change of direction page 3

and the story so far is ?

Did you finish it, put it back to get covered in dust, move it on eventually or actually ride is Single Speed

The story so far is...

It's been on the back burner whilst I moved house.

I have moved the wheels on to my uncle's Marin Mount Vision for his Yellow fever! I had some Tioga rims on Shimano hubs that look more subtle, but the rear parallex hub kept blowing up, so I've switched it for a Middleburn one instead. It's got Cook Bros cranks now and a chain tensioner too. All I need is some brake levers, which are on their way, and some chainring bolts.

It should be complete in a couple of weeks, and ready to ride.

I actually bought a Ti framed fixie last week, just to sample the single speed world, but not sure that fixed is the best way to travel! Roundabouts are interesting, as you can't lean in with your inside leg up! The cranks keep turning and clip/grind the tarmac - OUCH!
I feel that the Ti Raleigh Torus will get my spare M900 XTR and spare Middleburn/Ceramic wheels, as I think it's a waste as a fixie.

I was searching on the web of anybody else working on a Palisades Trail and came across this. I was stoked! Not only did you restore 94 model but you painted it white as I am doing right now. I am currently restoring a 95 model and about to put on the decals. I can't find the original style font anymore...Any help? If not, I have the new updated font but it's not as classy.

Ben, I know its been a while since you restored the bike but could you possibly post some specifications of your bike on here? I was checking out your components you decided to upgrade with..Good choice!

1993 Palisades Trail rebuild

Saw your post about rebuilding your bike. I'm doing the exact same thing to mine but it's a 1993. I found it in the basement of my office and had been abandoned for a long time. Not in great shape component-wise, but frame is in awesome condition other than dirty. I started searching posts for a similar rebuild and noticed this one from the dude in UK. It's my inspiration and roadmap, literally. So excited to do the same, basically a strip down and etch prime with flat black or maybe even white! I will source used and new components but, the entire bike is being rebuilt. Thinking about maybe a 5-speed with single chainring on crank and new Shimano Ultegra for rear derailleur. Just joined the forum so will attach some before and after pics as I move along here. Am a newbie to this so any comments from the rest will help. Good luck on your rebuild and let me know what your thoughts are.

Sorry, I've not.
Try Gil_m on here, he's the best shot.
There's also another guy selling NOS decals too, Whayne is his username, from memory.
Good luck,
Ben

I realize this is an old thread, but I was totally impressed as well with the work.

I've recently purchased a 1999 Marin Palisades Trail and have been inspired by this thread to refinish the frame. However, the decals seem to be an issue.

Any of you guys been able to find a good source for decals? Or any way of replicating them?

Thanks!

npn":2sgeu58t said:
I realize this is an old thread, but I was totally impressed as well with the work.

I've recently purchased a 1999 Marin Palisades Trail and have been inspired by this thread to refinish the frame. However, the decals seem to be an issue.

Any of you guys been able to find a good source for decals? Or any way of replicating them?

Thanks!

Gil_m is a mmbet on here and also here:

http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk

Still does great decals, contact him with your requirements :)

Back