With this lovely warm weather.....

silverclaws

Senior Retro Guru
I am shocked, I just got breathalysed for apparently driving erratically and when I denied driving any different to the norm, I was told driving slow on a road that has a higher speed limit is usually a marker that a driver is ill, drunk or on drugs, so that is the truth of it, but is this driving slower on faster marked roads a police indicator a driver is perhaps not fit to drive ?

But driving too slow, I was at pains to tell the constable speed limits are maximum speed limits not what someone should drive at and as to those behind that wanted to go faster, tough, I am in front, they may pass when it is safe to do so, and I do tuck in when cars want to pass, but I will not speed up for others.

Fare enough the rush hour or three people want to get home from work, as I was doing so, as today was my first day back at work since xmas and I was in no rush, but I did have one car behind me all the way and he was getting kind of irate, but that's his problem not mine.

But with this unseasonally warm weather we have been having of late, don't be tempted to sink a cold one or two then drive, as the effects of heat via dehydration make alcohol tolerances lower and it has been noticed police cars leisurely parked near pubs lately.

The result of the breathalyser test was of course zero as I had not been drinking and driving, just leisurely driving home, but it seems too slow for some.

depends on how slow, 30mph on a 60 can be very dangerous if someones comes behind you on a corner.

we used to get stuck everyday behind a car doing 45mph on the motorway/m180 when i worked in grimsby, when lorries overtook it closed most the motorway off! a tad angry i was :evil:

fair play if your only 10 or so below, it should be admired in this day and age but a lot less can and has caused incidents, look at the governments random speed limits on m42/m5, create more traffic then they solve lol

The last time I got stopped I was breathalized.The officer said he could smell beer and so he had to breath me.This was a Sunday tea time and I had just woken up from an afternoon nap and was taking my van to the car wash.

The beer he could smell was probably from the pub across the road from where I got pulled.I had not been drinking.He seemed really disapointed.Obviously he had nothing better to do that tea time. :roll:

longun":3npjkf3v said:
depends on how slow, 30mph on a 60 can be very dangerous if someones comes behind you on a corner.

we used to get stuck everyday behind a car doing 45mph on the motorway/m180 when i worked in grimsby, when lorries overtook it closed most the motorway off! a tad angry i was :evil:

fair play if your only 10 or so below, it should be admired in this day and age but a lot less can and has caused incidents, look at the governments random speed limits on m42/m5, create more traffic then they solve lol

On a single carrageway posted as speed free then the limit is 60mph for cars and car derived vans, 50mph if the car has a trailer or caravan and 45mph for wagons over 7.5 tonnes, so the 30mph is not really that slow compared to other traffic but I get your point. There are minium speed limits for each lane on the motorway too which I don't recall what they are but i'm sure someone will tell me.

silverclaws":3nehijuj said:
I am shocked, I just got breathalysed for apparently driving erratically...................just leisurely driving home, but it seems too slow for some.

Were you playing hand aeroplane too??? :LOL:

Speed in a mixed 30/40 zone I stayed at 30 as lots of cameras on that road and the speeding up and slowing down, I just couldn't be bothered with, so stay at one speed, it's fast enough until I reach my area, where my speed always drops to twenty as it is a built up area, well, I am not hurtling through where I live. But I do suspect it was the Landrover behind me which might have thought I was driving erratically, because going uphill my car naturally moves up the hill better than a Landrover which slows and on the flat the Landrover catches up, going down hill I throttle back and skim the brakes to stay at thirty and twenty. Oh and I did have to do a rapid slow down due to non indicating car crossing my path and the Landrover had to hammer the brakes too, he was too close.

But I felt like a criminal for doing nothing, and as I had left my car unlocked outside my house, with the steering wheel locking bar fitted, the copper had been in it, because something I left in there had been disturbed and besides the local curtain twitcher had said so.

The copper even checked my tobacco, he says looking for cannabis and in my own home too.

I feel really affronted by all this.

Latest posts

Back