Show me your single speeds!

Like many, first SS bike I built in 2001 was a mix of spare parts most of which cheap, then as it always happens it evolved into something entirely different ... I think the only part left from the original is the saddle :D

ss2.jpg

Kona SS

Unless bikes from 2007 are classed as vintage my new bike isn't very retro at all. But - I only just bought it last night - went on my first ride on it today - and I love it.

paddy1.jpg

Kona Paddy Wagon. When I picked it up last night it was being run as a fixed wheel. The owner explained how he'd been riding with no brakes, which felt a bit rich for me - it must have been for him too as it was sold with an Ultegra 6600 up front. The bike is pristine, obviously has done little mileage, and most of the unbranded kit has been tastefully upgraded; in particular I am loving the handsome yellow bar tape.

paddy3.jpg

Nice steed. Are those Boone ring and cog? Is it an eccentric BB farme and what type? I want to get a steel pinch bolt EBB frame, but I am concerned rust will build up fast in the BB shell.

Peperbek":1ml6uypm said:
OK, the only old school parts are the 13 year old TNT Ti BB, the TNT Ti crankbolts and Alu bolts and White Bros Ti riser. But hey, the frame builder is a very nice guy and in about ten years this will be a retro, I hope ;)
06052007.jpg

Re: Just finished.....

Harryburgundy":1rfhfawr said:
Apparently I made the wrong choice of tensioner?

Never! The Singulator is THE best chain tension device (apart from a DCD ;) )

I used on on and off road and it was brilliant plus it looks mo :cool:

Good choice IMHO

M

sylvain":3b7kf1bw said:
Like many, first SS bike I built in 2001 was a mix of spare parts most of which cheap, then as it always happens it evolved into something entirely different ... I think the only part left from the original is the saddle :D

Nothing cheap about that one now. Awesome bike, Morati Cranks, Arch Supreme V-Brakes, Moots parts...very nice....

How much does it weigh? Been toying with doing a Ti single speed myself.

BikePimp":2n0nbw9w said:
sylvain":2n0nbw9w said:

Nothing cheap about that one now. Awesome bike, Morati Cranks, Arch Supreme V-Brakes, Moots parts...very nice....

How much does it weigh? Been toying with doing a Ti single speed myself.

I'm familiar with Sylvain's bike. Let's just say that the air in the tyres is there to stop the thing floating away.

Back