Denture Brushes....

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
make an excellent addition to the bike cleaning tool kit :)
picked one up from the local super marché from the clearance section.
has excellent bristle strength without the risk of leaving scratches and benefits from the additional 'pokey down the small hole' bit on the back of the brush head.
i gots this one (in the tasty 'gum pink' colour) for 89 sterling pence:

proteseborste-358x454.jpg

it has a curved head too, and does a good job of cleaning chain rings/cassettes :)

thoroughly recommend!

I use old toothbrushes. for those minty fresh (cassette) teeth.

I'm not sure what you use to clean/lubricate your chain, but I use 'red' diesel, & after a couple of weeks the toothbrushes fall apart.
Something in the composition of the diesel seems to 'rot' them

when i clean my chain, i take it off the bike, get a cloth, sit in front of the box, soak it in degreaser then clean each link :shock:
the denture brush makes this a whole lot easier.

what kind of lube do you use for your chain, been trying to find something that's like the stuff my shimano chain came coated in - its kind of sticky and doesn't rub off easy.... ;)

twain":4lnozmdg said:
been trying to find something that's like the stuff my shimano chain came coated in - its kind of sticky and doesn't rub off easy.

There's a joke in there somewhere. I'll let al field this one.

Morrisons [or is it asda :?] do a pack of 4 tooth brushes for only 20p
5p each :shock:

for the chain get 2 nail brushes loaded with your fave degreeser, make a chain sandwich. then zip tie or tape to the chain stay like a mr crud chain device and spin the crank. simples :D

I use the dog toothbrushes. One end is like a normal toothbrush and the other slightly smaller. Also, the have a longer handle on them. fairly cheap, too.

351alv9.jpg

For cleaning chains, I put them in a wide mouth bottle, fill with diesel, shake about until all the $hit is worked loose, repeat if need be, lay on newspaper and oil and wipe off excess.

Back