Best Hollow tech fitting BB?

cyfa2809":328afusx said:
Wow you got a saint for £15?! Blimey.

Mental...I believe it's cheaper than shops get them trade for in the UK. Delivery from Germany didn't even take that long and was relatively cheap. It was the same as CRC's next day delivery although a tad slower. Rose Bikes and bike discount.de rock. I'll be getting my new XT brakes from them because they're so much cheaper.

Just done a quick google search and there are loads of kits and instructions out there on how to replace the bearings. It's a bit of a faf, but cheaper than a new bb.

I'd get Hope if I had the cash but I had an XT bb for over 5 years before it started to stick and am currently on an SLX one with no bother. :D

...Well I decided to stick with my Shimano roots (although imho over the last few years they have got lighter but less robust!) Managed to pick up a Shimano XTR M970 new BB for £19 on ebay....Should be good for a few years and at that price theres no question.

Just fitted the new XTR bb and old one defo dead. Lots of movement/play in the races and gritty feel! New one went in a treat and feels like silk! Just about to go for a thrash to put it through its paces!

Cheers for the help and maybe oneday I'll be able to justify the extra cash for a Hope one...

Wook

Mindmap3":w2n6r2lp said:
Rose Bikes and bike discount.de rock.

Except that they are killing sales of the stuff they sell in bricks and mortar stores.

There's stuff I just won't stock now because they sell it for less then trade plus VAT. Only way you can sell at those prices is by buying bulk as an OEM (both companies make their own bikes that they sell consumer direct) but then you are not supposed to sell it not fitted to a bike. Not that Shimano and Continental seem to want to do anything about it.....

Back