Spooky Bandwagon build *FINISHED PHOTOS*

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
retrocomeback":4dwiy3q5 said:
Has anyone out there got a Hope C2 number 4 outer half (or complete) caliper they may be willing to part with please?

I'm sure there are others but Dyna-ti and Big eck have a plentiful collection of Hope parts, could be worth a pm.

Just "logging in" on this thread. Exciting to see how this unfolds.

Can't wait to see the bike finished!

:)

Thanks for the interest Mkaavin, hope you're in for the long haul mate, my build appears to be using the two rarest brake parts Hope ever made! Haha! :LOL:

Where there's a will, there is a way..... :) You will be ok, I'm sure.

Things have a way of working out and if a rare part exists I believe that someone on this forum knows.

So, I am really looking forward to see your bike when all things are sorted. :)

Ok so yet again I've missed out on acquiring the illusive Hope HBRM165H rear disc mount, due to being at a wedding out in the sticks it meant no 3G for the last 2hrs prior to the ebay auction ending, and surprise surprise I was outbid by a measly fiver! AAAAARRRGGGH!!!! :cry:

I guess now it really is appeal time, with HUGE thanks to dirtydozen I now have multi angle photos of the mount with precise measurements but having tried almost all my local (and not so local) engineering firms I cannot find one that is either prepared to do such a small job or if they do they want silly money for it. Does anyone out there work at a firm who can machine one for me? Please help!

New issue presented itself today, went to fit a standard FSA 1"1/8th Headset and found it to be minutely too small (offers only slight resistance to fit and removal by hand). My first reaction was panic that the head tube was flared but measurements thankfully show this is not the case, then it got me thinking, are frames measurements taken to include the paint thickness? When I had the Spooky soda blasted and powder coated, the inside of the head tube was left bare where once there was the original paint work. Is this predicament remedied by simply giving the inner head tube a lick of paint? All suggestions welcome folks!

Back