AVG free download is a con-AVOID

Charlieboy28":1yt671vk said:
Avast is much better i find, and the lady has a sexy french voice that turns me on

"The Avast virus database has been updated"
smiley-computer005.gif

Not sure what your problem with the custom install of AVG is to be honest? If you went for the custom option and unchecked the boxes then it shouldn't add the toolbar.

Have you tried downloading it from a different host?

I changed to Avast, seems to use less memory and wokrs just fine for me.

KDM":3le7p0iq said:
Try c.net downloads to safely find and download it free.

NO DON'T!!! REALLY REALLY DON'T!!!

Sorry for shouting but c.net is now riddled with malware and suchlike, my boss' laptop was infected with a load after downloading stuff from there, be very careful!_

What version of windows do you run? You can roll back to before the last software install on win 7 and I think vista

The Ken":3j0gnz8w said:
You can roll back to before the last software install on win 7 and I think vista

Yup, Vista has System Restore too.

As for CNET, that has been on my "avoid at all cost" list for years now.

I've never had problems with cnet so interesting others have. Regarding the o.p's initial question revo unistaller does remove stuff brilliantly and if your worried where you are downloading it from then try downloading the free version direct from the company.

I used to use AVG years ago and never had a problem. In recent years they've probably had to add the bloatware to turn a profit.

Been using MSE since the Windows 7 Beta (I think it's been that long) Not had a problem. Doesn't hog system resources, runs nice an quietly in the background. If I feel like something isn't right I'll run MalwareBytes.

rosstheboss":5hi98ccq said:
KDM":5hi98ccq said:
Try c.net downloads to safely find and download it free.

NO DON'T!!! REALLY REALLY DON'T!!!

Sorry for shouting but c.net is now riddled with malware and suchlike, my boss' laptop was infected with a load after downloading stuff from there, be very careful!_

Loads of bongo, I guess

Back