ALL BECAUSE OF A PICTURE-A TRIBUTE BUILD FOR A NATIONAL HERO

pete_mcc":rcm4v6kj said:
sinnerman":rcm4v6kj said:
and also, im at a loss on the seatpost too......anyone have any clue....?

Probably either a tioga prestige or a tioga dl2001 to match the t bone stem

pete i cant quite make out the logo on the post in the pic.

Any idea where i could find one...?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
pete_mcc":itjcinyo said:
Sadly ebay and luck springs to mind. Here is an alloy DL2001 but the wrong size no doubt:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/tioga-alloy-DL2 ... _500wt_970

Thanks pete, i know what to look for now, the one i need is a 27.00,

i think this will hold up the build.

I have the bar and the stem, and a pair of specialized ground controls (but alas the extreme version) .

back to the drawing board and ebay trolling i guess.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sinnerman":3d85py2l said:
Do you remember when Nike first launched the spd Mountain bike shoes, everyone was going mad for them.

I still have a pair... :oops: my excuse is they were made to last.... :LOL:

Slightly embarrassing i know but i actually modelled for Nike many moons ago and some of the kit included a prototype of the Nike SPD shoes....still got them in the garage somewhere as you got to keep a lot of what you had worn...they're well used now though but still comfy and usable.

For a Nike shoot in the Lakes i was taken down to Biketreks (in their old shop if i remember) in Ambleside and asked which bike i wanted to ride for the shoot....chose a hardtail Orange....can't remember the exact model....wasn't 100% confident on full-sus at the time. All photos were done by Steve Behr...still got some somewhere too...i might dig them out if they show good shots of the bike at least :oops: Steve was a lovely bloke and actually asked me if i wanted to be involved in an MBUK bike test....but as i lived miles up North i figured arrangements would be too difficult....damn!! I'm sure it would have been a one off but a lot of fun and an insight into MBUK.

Sorry to distract from the thread but that's my claim to fame anyway...although pretty minor.

Oh, and Paul Plunkett grew up in the same village as i did and a MBUK article about playing basketball on MTB was shot in his back garden with Jason McRoy. We occasionally used to stop to chat to Paul on rides if he was passing on a prototype Orange or the like. Rides regularly with a mate of mine now...Think he was into road cycling initially, often with the guys from Hardisty's before getting into MTBing too.

Drewson":8dnb60lp said:
sinnerman":8dnb60lp said:
Do you remember when Nike first launched the spd Mountain bike shoes, everyone was going mad for them.

I still have a pair... :oops: my excuse is they were made to last.... :LOL:

Slightly embarrassing i know but i actually modelled for Nike many moons ago and some of the kit included a prototype of the Nike SPD shoes....still got them in the garage somewhere as you got to keep a lot of what you had worn...they're well used now though but still comfy and usable.

For a Nike shoot in the Lakes i was taken down to Biketreks (in their old shop if i remember) in Ambleside and asked which bike i wanted to ride for the shoot....chose a hardtail Orange....can't remember the exact model....wasn't 100% confident on full-sus at the time. All photos were done by Steve Behr...still got some somewhere too...i might dig them out if they show good shots of the bike at least :oops: Steve was a lovely bloke and actually asked me if i wanted to be involved in an MBUK bike test....but as i lived miles up North i figured arrangements would be too difficult....damn!! I'm sure it would have been a one off but a lot of fun and an insight into MBUK.

Sorry to distract from the thread but that's my claim to fame anyway...although pretty minor.

Oh, and Paul Plunkett grew up in the same village as i did and a MBUK article about playing basketball on MTB was shot in his back garden with Jason McRoy. We occasionally used to stop to chat to Paul on rides if he was passing on a prototype Orange or the like. Rides regularly with a mate of mine now...Think he was into road cycling initially, often with the guys from Hardisty's before getting into MTBing too.

Mate that is far from embarrasing, and thanks for sharing too.... :cool:

Its info share like this, that brings a thread together imho, if you ever see Paul Plunkett on your travels, have a natter with him, i rekon he could share an amazing journey, given the company he was keeping.... :cool:

P.s Ill send you a pm ref your Kestrel too.

Attachments

• jason_mcroy_and_paul_plunkett_120.jpg
    jason_mcroy_and_paul_plunkett_120.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,614
JMC racing cross country...,

if anybody has any Photos, of Jmc Racing back in the day, please feel free to show them... :cool:

Attachments

• Giving it some.jpg
    Giving it some.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,535
............ :cool:

Attachments

• Jason Mcroy Cross Country.jpg
    Jason Mcroy Cross Country.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,449
At the Beginning of this thread, i touched on how searching for this bike and the work that followed was like Chasing a Rainbow. (seemingly impossible)

Well, all i can say is that after starting the thread, the contributions, emails, pms, support and encouragement made this build about more than a bike to me....Much more.

It became more than a journey and all because of the help, information, memories, given by at least 16 different members leading to its recovery, not to mention the help of Kevin Winters, for his info and frame work, garry at graphic shack for his delicate recreation of its paintwork, Darren from silverfish for support with much needed missing components, and every other member that has fond memories of a glorious time for Uk mountain biking and fondest of memories for a National Hero....Jason Mcroy.

He has touched a lot of people here and i cant thank everyone enough for making a contribution to this bikes recreation, with out this it wouldn't have been possible.

When it became apparent to me that this was becoming a journey filled with emotion and fond memories for me, of great days in my life and also evoking the same from others, it became less about the bike and more about a tribute.

Call me a sentimental old fool, but the camaraderie of it all, every one pulling together, kind made me stop and realise there is a little bit of that Jason Mcroy grit and determination in every single one of us.

It is 17 years ago this month Jason McRoy passed away, when this dawned on me it made me work just that little bit harder to overcome problems with sourcing parts. Collectively parts have been begged borrowed and stolen, to finished the build this month.

Why..........

to celebrate his life, to honour his memory, and to thank him for the contirbutions he made, and showing us all that all it takes is grit and determination, and we can all catch that rainbow....!!!

My tribute build to Jason Mcroy....

Attachments

• COLUMBUS GENIUS TUBING.jpg
    COLUMBUS GENIUS TUBING.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Co-Sponsored by Nike.jpg
    Co-Sponsored by Nike.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,202
  • H.jpg
    H.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,202
  • l_Columbus_Genius.png