Hope C2 leaking... :(

ChrisBrown81

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My old Hope C2 is leaking oil. I'm 99% sure its leaking from the piston. I have no experience in changing the pistons any top tips?, where to buy, how to do etc.. Any help will be much appreciated!

Attachments

• HopeC2.jpg
    HopeC2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 463
Hello!

Im not so well versed in c2s but ba57stards is i beleive.

However, i guess they would be standard fair. Put an adjustable spanner or cable tie around one piston and pump the lever and the unclamped piston should pop out. Use a pick to get the seal out.
When putting in new pistons or seals, i fill the lid of my fluid bottle and let them sit in there to coat them.
Put new seal and/or piston in, you may have to walk it back with the round end of an 11mm or so spanner.
Then clamp the replaced piston and repeat for the other side.

Thats how i would do it.

You may find its leaking from the split in the caliper? Not sure if those alloy bolts you have in there would cause any problems.

Thanks both of you! I'm defo going to give it a shot. I'll probably replace pistons and seals from what I've read. Fortune favored the brave and all that :? :p

wow, what the hell is that mount? That ain't right!? :?

The pistons screw out, so you will need something like a pin spanner to remove them by twisting. Probably get by with a pointy pliers tbh.

Seals are easy from there on, also as Cyfa said there is a seal between the caliper halves could be the issues.

I don't see why you would need to change the pistons, plus this is a closed brake so the pistons are not as simple as the open ones, there is springs and stuffs in them! :eek:

Haha I know that was my first reaction to it. The holes are in the same place as the 151's it just seems that there wasn't as much finesse put into the pre-production boxxers lol

Back