• summer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pondlife

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
a lot more cyclist's out tonight, is it the Wiggins factor or just that summer is finally here?

Attachments

• gt wiggo.jpg
    gt wiggo.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,090
It's a wiggosummer perfect storm of cycling loveliness. Only as I was partaking in an ill advised attempt to outsprint a man /machine on a Cervelo R5 was the suggestive power of television brought home to me. :shock:

Definitely both. Although i did notice a lot more people 'racing' on my commute into work yesterday! :)

I usually get out at 07:00 each Saturday for a 3-4 hour training ride and probably get to encounter 1 other cyclist most weeks...last Saturday I must have said "Hello" to about 20.

Same goes for the club run on Sunday, never been so popular. Fantastic!

Wiggo, Summer? Impossible to tell at the mo but when normal weather service is resumed we shall see...

don't see why this would make more people take up cycling? Did more people take up rowing when Redgrave won 5 golds? I didn't get the urge to take it up.

ANy that do with stop by the winter and by next summer will e-bay their bikes.

tintin40":1q009pbs said:
don't see why this would make more people take up cycling?

Really? There's always a knock-on effect when something like this hits the front page of the big papers.

I'm sure the people I saw out over the weekend were Wiggo inspired.

Mark.

Every year there is always a bit of 'Tour Fever' regardless of Wiggins or the weather.

However I've not really seen many more people out to notice a big increase in cycling myself over the last few weeks/days. But I have seen more old Gas Pipe Flyers coming up on eBay as always happens covered in cobwebs and rust from the depths of peoples sheds.

I am however in support of anything which encourages more cycling in the UK. And I think Wiggins' win definitely won't hinder its promotion.

If anything the best that can happen is that the Tour organisers see that the UK is a decent spot to have the Prologue again for next/future years.

Back