Are Retrobike Moderators Getting Grumpier?

Are the sites moderators getting grumpier?

• Yes they always have their knickers in a twist of late

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No , being grumpy is a job requirement

• Its their time of the month and we deserve it for being naughty

• Total voters
You know what, it made me so grumpy I grabbed some 'Eat My Dirt' sample and sprayed in on my bike, used it neat as well!
It needed a clean after the Big Dirty Weekend to get the grit on 'stuff' off it and well cleaning a bike is not like me, barely get the hosepipe out normally.

Feck, being grumpy means I now have a clean bike :(
If this isnt locked by tomorrow, I might have to polish the damn thing.

Mods are needed. Deal with it. Without them, everything descends into chaos, and the fora collapses. What you don't see is what they do all the time, without you noticing. See many spammer posts on Retrobike?

People also forget, Mods are just people, who put in their own time, and get threads like this aimed at them. They won't get it right every time - they've not received any formal training!

I'm a mod on other forums, and you just can't please all the people all the time.

VIVA LE MODERATOR!!

My_Teenage_Self":3shws6a7 said:
Mods are needed. Deal with it. Without them, everything descends into chaos, and the fora collapses. What you don't see is what they do all the time, without you noticing. See many spammer posts on Retrobike?

People also forget, Mods are just people, who put in their own time, and get threads like this aimed at them. They won't get it right every time - they've not received any formal training!

I'm a mod on other forums, and you just can't please all the people all the time.

VIVA LE MODERATOR!!

Great post.

As to the original question, if I wasn't so grumpy I'd be happy to have a chat about this.

Mods do the job asked of them, they protect the website and those that use it, as to whether they are grumpy or not, that depends on one's perspective.

In order to understand the job of a website moderator, one has to try it to know, as there is nothing like that old tried tested and true teacher; experience

I am a member on several forums, and Retrobike is by far the best and well moderated :)

I am still relatively new so can comment so much historically though.

The site has grown a lot recently and as a consequence more moderation has been required making it more visible, but I think it is by far the best moderated forum i've ever used.

See many spammer posts on Retrobike?

And you think its the mods finding them do you?
Truth is its me that finds and reports them.so far about a dozen this week ;)

I demand my moment of glory :D

dyna-ti":byxg5ywg said:
See many spammer posts on Retrobike?

And you think its the mods finding them do you?
Truth is its me that finds and reports them.so far about a dozen this week ;)

I demand my moment of glory :D

Not just you. ;)

I think tat's the least we can do to help them out a bit.

Only a dozen?

Back