Olympics. Feckit I am going!

we bid for tickets to the BMX, xc mtb, and dressage, didn't get anything :cry:

highlandsflyer.... do you reckon you'll be able to get tickets to some (half) decent events then?

I'm just back from a weekend down there,
Our hotel suite looked over the Olympic park & stadium
It's buzzing down there, truly contagious
Wish we could have stayed for longer :(

G

London or anywhere else all I watch is the athletics and cycling events. Everything else is gash. Under 23s football? Women's football? :roll: :roll:

And I'd much rather it was somewhere else and we spent the £9bn or whatever it is on something else. My fag packet calculations make that 2p off income tax for a year.

technodup":18ktocqe said:
London or anywhere else all I watch is the athletics and cycling events. Everything else is gash. Under 23s football? Women's football? :roll: :roll:

And I'd much rather it was somewhere else and we spent the £9bn or whatever it is on something else. My fag packet calculations make that 2p off income tax for a year.

£9bn ?? :shock: Try the real figure that is just under £20bn though the talk is it will top out closer to £30bn

dyna-ti":2lpwtw9d said:
technodup":2lpwtw9d said:

£9bn ?? :shock: Try the real figure that is just under £20bn though the talk is it will top out closer to £30bn
Lets call it income tax reduced by 25% then.

I know which I'd rather. Fncking gymnastics and ping pong?

What really pees me off about the olympics and commonwealth games is throughout the year you hear sweet f all about sailing and cycling.poor funding for either yet they plug them the most as theyre the sports that we take the medals on.
then its cycling this and sailing that

rest of the year its all football bollocks :roll:

Fncking gymnastics and ping pong?
Or a combination of the two :D
As seen in many a back street Bangkok brothel :shock:

Makes the Edinburgh trams seem like a bargain at just a single piffling billion...

...er, no actually, on reflection it doesn't!

dyna-ti":3sl9f4n5 said:
What really pees me off about the olympics and commonwealth games is throughout the year you hear sweet f all about sailing and cycling.poor funding for either

Cycling has had more investment than most other sports.

cyfa2809":1g71mk0k said:
Hmm but bolt can crumple as seen when he false started. His training partner beat him in qualifying also i believe. Yohan Blake.
Id eb happy to see anything there. Is there anything that you will make a point of seeing?

Yes, and it is one of our first medal chances, the road race. I haven't decided where but I will be there, camera in hand!

May pay to get to the finish, rather than lining the route, my uncle has no tickets for this as it is not one of his interests.

Would love to see the BMX too, but we shall see.

What I WON'T be bothering with is kayak or MTB.

:)

Back