eBay sniper, what you using?

Kevin003":2wrh3b7n said:
Hidbid .com is a good service to use.

Just remember that regardless of when your bid is placed, it still has to be the highest to win. EXCEPT, when 2 bids are the same or there isn't enough difference between them to meet ebay's minimum bid increment. In that case, the 1st one in wins.

So, if people were completely rational, the best strategy would be to bid the second an auction is listed. I'd stick with sniping.

l

So I get caught out here a lot with last second strategy, do eBay 'cheat' and still increment via the proxy bid even if time is up?

IE. I bid with 2 seconds to go, there is no time for further bids but someone did have a high proxy bid in earlier.

What happens? I lose?

The one adv I see with sniping is avoiding the human response to being outbid; bidding more than you want just to win. I reckon many people get carried away if you bid early.

Its funny sometimes some stuff I have been after I have found it cheaper in the buy it now, A lens I wanted for my camera in the buy it now, it was £90 including p&p new, I watched a second hand lens exactly the same spec rise to and sell at £140, are people mad, is the gambling frenzy so powerful. Same with the exakt saw I just bought, a reconditioned new item with a guarantee and free p&p I bought for less than the same type in whatever condition second hand in the auction, people are mad.

Thanks for help chaps. All set now so lets see what happens and i'll report back.

Regards.

dyna-ti":21xyizki said:
My_Teenage_Self":21xyizki said:
dyna-ti":21xyizki said:
Need to be there at the end otherwise youre not that interested ;)

Unless you're at work at the time...?

Phone
toilet
;)

phone-toilets-photoshop.jpg

Well the ebay sniper worked, but i wont be buying in Germany again. Those boys know how to spend! :D

I loaded the sniper with plenty in reserve just to make sure. I was gobsmacked to find I had secured the auction win witha couple of euro to spare.

I wont say what I bid on and what I paid ;) :oops:

In conclusion the sniper works!

Back