1989 Orange Formula - pic update

sinnerman":28vb2cgh said:
ok i have a question.

you have a pump peg, a sight rarely seen on many mountain bikes,...............

so are you going to fit a pump,? and if so what colour are you going for...? to my mind it would be a nice addition to have, and either in white, or have it custom painted in Neon orange.

Now i think that would be a cool item, to finish it off.

:cool:

I have a spare neon green for that ultimate neon clash.

legrandefromage":88136voy said:
sinnerman":88136voy said:
ok i have a question.

you have a pump peg, a sight rarely seen on many mountain bikes,...............

so are you going to fit a pump,? and if so what colour are you going for...? to my mind it would be a nice addition to have, and either in white, or have it custom painted in Neon orange.

Now i think that would be a cool item, to finish it off.

:cool:

I have a spare neon green for that ultimate neon clash.

That is an idea - not considered it. My Landshark had a colour matched pump :cool:

Great reading mate.. Good luck with your restoration. I have to agree with the others regarding the new tube. A snapped rotten frame.. Is a snapped rotten frame. Not matter how original it maybe. It's not as if your adding a disk tab ;)

Plus for all your investment you will always know you have somthing, not just a limited run, or rare paint job but truly special.

brocklanders023":3lulrfws said:
Defo! Everyone had them round here 89-92 :eek: Just about the coolest add-on you could get.

No doubt, but Not in neon yellow surely...?

Picked this stem up from eBay - looks like a good candidate for the Formula.

It is fillet brazed, very nicely made.

As advertised it was a Orange 'prototype' but I've never seen a Orange stem with a roller before - they all seem pass to be of the type that pass the cable through the steam vertically.

Anyone got an idea as to it's origin?

Attachments

• DSC_0246.jpg
    DSC_0246.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC_0247.jpg
    DSC_0247.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC_0248_2.jpg
    DSC_0248_2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 610
  • DSC_0249.jpg