Are Retrobike Moderators Getting Grumpier?

Are the sites moderators getting grumpier?

• Yes they always have their knickers in a twist of late

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No , being grumpy is a job requirement

• Its their time of the month and we deserve it for being naughty

• Total voters

Charlieboy28

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Soooooo, having established that Retrobike is offocially getting grumpier my next ponderance is,

egg hem ,I still consider myself relatively new to the site. What drew me and kept me on this site, has always been the lovely anything goes attitude of the moderators, the selfless act of allowing members plenty of time to tussle it themselves before locking the thread, the not moving of threads if they were slightly relevant and brightened up an otherwise temporarily boring main page etc

In recent months i have sensed something of a change , threads locked if you so much as look funny at another member, the moving of entirely relevant threads for no good reason or simply making reference to he who must not be named.

So are moderators getting grumpier, is it in response to the sites recent civil unrest or have Retrobike moderators always been the same and I just missed it.

Discuss please, but do it really quickly :LOL: :LOL:

FFS. They do their job, questions like this make the site MUCH grumpier.
I'm now grumpy at stupid none bike talk!

John, can you make me a moderator please? I'll show him what a grumpy moderator is ...

:LOL:

If the members get grumpier, moderators need to shorten the leash. That's all there is to it.

I would try and explain but it would take too long fluffy, see the whole thing is getting all a bit too serious for my liking. While im tempted to point out the page this was posted in, i shall take a breath and count to ten.

where's harry krishna when you need him

Not grumpier but keener to nip things in the bud before they escalate, as you can see the warning signs. Not really a bad thing until it's your thread you started quite innocently that get's locked.

Carl.

The General Chat section underwent some (well needed) policing recently. Other than that it's the same-old same-old.

I have to agree with DrCarlos. The forum itself has been a bit grumpy of late which has kept me to viewing only visits. The mods seem to be doing a good job of nipping it in the bud early, something other sites could learn from.

see my intention was not to be contentious , start arguments, knock our lovely mods, but just for people to spare a thought before clicking submit.

To promt a moments reflection perhaps, and recognise that we have all been a little grumpy of late . it is not until we define the problem that we can beginto solve the problem and all that malarky.

Not having a build on the go hasnt helped me either

RB is a lovely place, for me its a place of solace and escape, and we should all bally well try to keep it that way I think

Back