ALL BECAUSE OF A PICTURE-A TRIBUTE BUILD FOR A NATIONAL HERO

Never knew about Jason McRoy before. I do now.

He was the same age as me.......strange to think about.

Anway...the bike is a great tribute.

jason2_899.jpg

ok, i have just weighed the frame, (not my usual scales to be fair)....
but its coming in at 3.6lbs..... :shock:

Attachments

• Hardisty 002.jpg
    Hardisty 002.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,886
That is light :D
How does that compare with some newer frames? I had an 2004 s-works hardtail that was about 3.2lbs so its not bad going.

Giom6":2hjf4lzv said:
That is light :D
How does that compare with some newer frames? I had an 2004 s-works hardtail that was about 3.2lbs so its not bad going.

Surely my scales are wrong.... :?

sinnerman":3h2fc64n said:
Surely my scales are wrong.... :?

Probably not. I'm certainly not an expert but I wouldn't imagine there is too much different between the raw tubing.

Timeline of Jason’s life
•November 26, 1971: Born in Bedfordshire with a hole in his heart. It’s a miracle he’s born at all. A threat to his mum’s life, doctors advised termination.
•1978: Gets hooked on BMX. An absolute fanatic. His training, weight work and total commitment to riding are awesome, as is his impressive grasp of BMX trivia.
•1982: On the verge of joining the Mongoose factory team, Jason wins the cherished Number One plate for the North East.
•1983: After a crash, a fellow rider lands on his knee, wrecking his cruciate ligaments. Out of BMX, sport and maybe even walking, Jason undertakes intense leg routines in the gym. Developing his muscles hugely takes up the slack in his ligaments.
•1986: It begins to work, Jason starts distance running and is talented enough to train alongside Steve Cram, but the ligament problem reoccurs.
•1988: Against medical advice he gets a mountain bike and enters his first cross-country event. He wins. From then on mountain biking becomes his new obsession.
•1991: He’s part of the UK downhill squad at the Worlds.
•1992: On Team MBUK, he sees that the future is in international downhill and spends a lot of time abroad. Sponsors think he should be in the UK.
•1993: The Grundig World Cupbegins. He and his dad quit their jobs and hit the world circuit. In the States he wins $3,000 for second place in the Eliminator, which gets them to New York where his ride impresses Specialized.
•1994: First year as a Specialized world professional. An inspiration to Steve Peat.
•1995: Started badly and ended tragically, but in-between all was going well.
•August 24th, 1995: Jason died when his Harley Davidson was in collision with a lorry at WoodheadPass on the A628 in Derbyshire.

Attachments

• Always in the Air..jpg
    Always in the Air..jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 1,853
What an incredibly moving and emotional tribute site written by his Dad.

I knew a little about JMC, but not everything.

Very close to tears now :cry:

:cool:

Attachments

• british_talent_british_steel_194.jpg
    british_talent_british_steel_194.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 1,802

Latest posts

Back