Debating a new frame...

Think I'm going to keep going with the MsIsle until I have funds in place for a cotic soul.

Seems to be a good route until i'm in better shape to enjoy a full sus... Although this may all change just know I need something bigger and longer than the MsIsle lol

I see a lot of folks riding huge downhill bikes around town. I always feel what a wasted opportunity to get on something whippy when you are not exploiting all that travel/strength.

Each to their own I guess, plenty question my using a full susser for everyday riding, but with full lock out I look at it as a rigid/hardtail/fs all in one. Lugging around a couple of extra kilos really makes no odds if you are not racing.

With a full susser I definitely feel it is better to be more 'in the frame' rather than towering over it/behind it, allowing the design to work with the predicted loads.

Something like a Missile though, it really is not a huge thing to ride a slightly smaller one. Commuting on it though! How far is your commute?

I would rather get a bike from the tip with more appropriate geometry for commuting, unless it was a short commute through a bunch of skate parks! ;)

The MsIsle isn't too much bother for my commute as its only a few miles each way.

The times i struggle is length rather than the height of the frame. The top tube is rather short so even with a 90mm stem I'm still really cramped and it also makes going up and proper hill hard work.

Rode a couple of steel framed bikes that friends commute on (orange p7 and a charge duster) quite like the idea of a steel frame and I think you're right a full sus would be too much.

I'm being drawn to the dark side... Went out for a little jolly this morning to an old bmx track that's been rebuilt in places.

Had a giggle being silly on the remaining jumps and berms.

He has just replaced his kona kula with a Santa cruz super light, oh my what a bike we did a little loop through some woods and then swapped bikes and did the same loop. Full sus really made things easier through/over roots and a few rocks a lot easier and possibly a touch quicker than on my hardtail :?

Back