Olympics. Feckit I am going!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Been debating this for a long time.

I am flying down on Wednesday and joining my brother and uncle and families coming from the Middle East and States for the party.

Our London operation is going full swing now, rentals fully booked for the duration.

I hate all the sponsors, but this is London, the place I love more than anywhere in the world, and it is London's biggest moment since the Mandela concerts or the Poll Tax riots.

I have to be faithful to my adopted hometown!

Just don't blow me up, please Mr. Al Q!

;)

Great news. I would love to go. Was watching a program about mens 100m yesterday and bolt has some serious competition.

cyfa2809":1zbhcpd9 said:
Great news. I would love to go. Was watching a program about mens 100m yesterday and bolt has some serious competition.

I am only going to pick up whichever events others don't fancy, but I reckon Bolt will do it, and screw the rest of those nuts, they will tighten at the last minute. ;)

Hmm but bolt can crumple as seen when he false started. His training partner beat him in qualifying also i believe. Yohan Blake.
Id eb happy to see anything there. Is there anything that you will make a point of seeing?

I've got a ticket to THE glamour game of the football............

South Korea V Gabon :roll:

I'll be up in Surrey - complete with camera, naturally - for the men's road race on Saturday plus the TTs next Wednesday. Potential once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the games on British soil, really looking forward to it! :)

David

I'll watch the road race and the TT, cos i'm a fan of cav, wiggins and some of the foreign riders, but i'm completely uninterested in the rest. I can't be the only one who's been sick of the blanket media coverage for a while now. I'd be happy enough to ignore it if possible, just don't get why i'm meant to be excited about a city in another country, marginally closer to where I grew up than amsterdam, hosting a bunch of sports that we'd all change the channel on at any other point.

Any of the sports I watch I like to support individuals I like, rather than base my support on arbitrary geo-political borders.

Rant over! ;)

highlandsflyer":1dpanxu3 said:
Been debating this for a long time.

I am flying down on Wednesday and joining my brother and uncle and families coming from the Middle East and States for the party.

Our London operation is going full swing now, rentals fully booked for the duration.

I hate all the sponsors, but this is London, the place I love more than anywhere in the world, and it is London's biggest moment since the Mandela concerts or the Poll Tax riots.

I have to be faithful to my adopted hometown!

Just don't blow me up, please Mr. Al Q!

;)

good news chap :D big family gatherings are usually fun,especially if you havent seen them for a while

Enjoy :D

I'm interested in the cycling, some of the equestrian events, the shooting and the archery. But I was born only a stones throw from where the main arena is and brought up not much further away, and galloping horses could not drag me back to London.

Highlandsflyer; I hope you have a great time with the family. :cool:

Back