MOTOR CHAT

My new motor should be here in a few weeks

Ok it's a dad mobile but a 197bhp dad mobile......

Skoda Octavia Vrs Estate....pass my pipe!!

The Ken":q1lmqbdt said:
I knew what they were for I just couldn't find an example other that this porsche....

Flamer.jpg

Hotwheels did a few :)

That Porker has a Gas turbine engine, which actually may be easier to fit than this friggin Rover V8, probably more economical too :LOL:

Did consider TVR manifolds but the "Y" piece/downpipe at the front is huge, would'nt have the space for that.

I remember turning the manifolds backwards was done with Zephyrs and Zodiacs when fitting American Ford V8's .

boxxer":1wyx77ta said:
My new motor should be here in a few weeks

Ok it's a dad mobile but a 197bhp dad mobile......

Skoda Octavia Vrs Estate....pass my pipe!!

Na, as HF said those are cool :cool:, original dad mobile is a Rover 75, that came with a bifocal windscreen and a pension book holder as standard :LOL:

jimihendrix":1xsd405b said:
Na, as HF said those are cool :cool:, original dad mobile is a Rover 75, that came with a bifocal windscreen and a pension book holder as standard :LOL:

Not if you get the rear wheel drive V8 model. But they are as rare as rocking horse shite.

Call today makes it 3 weeks till arrival

Now wishin I had gone for the black alcantara interior and maybe some other options...

And even better my mate is looking for a driver for either his Ferrari F430 or his 911 GT3RS between Edinburgh and Aberdeen on Saturday...Tough choice!!

Somebody (the charming local youths probably) has robbed the cheapo plastic spare wheel cover off the back of my Pajero. Is there any need? What a rubbish thing to steal - new ones can be had for under £15 posted and mine was 20 years old! Guess they might have been after the spare itself until they saw the state of the tyre.

I don't use the covers, adds time onto swaps that might be on a bad bit of road, etc. so I prefer to leave them bare with just two nuts.

Anyone any experience of old Series Land Rovers ?, realy fancied one lately, would probably be a Series 3, particularly keen on an Ex Army Lightweight (Air Portable) just because they are rarer, a bit more quirky and different.

This wee beast caught my eye on RR :)

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... 286&page=1

If he'd have been into a deal for the Beemer and was closer i probably would have gone for it but maybe it's just as well with no heater and winter nearly here :shock:

What are they like to drive though on a daily basis ?, a mate said they are like a tractor with a roof, are they really that bad ?, i've only driven a mid 80's Defender, only other LR i'd maybe have access to at the moment is an 05 Defender and there is no point in using that for comparison.

Going hot and cold at the moment, one moment really fancy one then next get the feeling an early LR would be a novelty that would quickly wear off :roll:

Latest posts

Back