Stolen Kona Ute

We should have a sticky thread for stolen bikes, no?

I would encourage everyone to put a distinguishing mark on their bikes, one people can check easily.

Then something internally somewhere, that could be verified once the authorities are involved.

A thief cannot grind off something they have no idea is there.

:)

highlandsflyer":12kf9awv said:
We should have a sticky thread for stolen bikes, no?

I would encourage everyone to put a distinguishing mark on their bikes, one people can check easily.

Then something internally somewhere, that could be verified once the authorities are involved.

A thief cannot grind off something they have no idea is there.

:)

I second that !

But I asked before and no one answered my question, what happens if someone innocently buys a frame or a bike on ebay or other and finds out it is stolen, added to that, all these parts we buy could very well be the result of stolen bikes.

I still search for my stolen M735 because it can be positively identified, as it had the frame number of the bike engraved into every part and the frame itself down the seat tube there is a note to the new owner, as well as my post code written on the frame with one of those Berol detective pens and then laquered over, but nothing, nothing has come up on ebay or gumtree, it has completely disappeared.

Back