now not rusty anymore yo-eddy finished pictures

OrangeRetro":dzyrrruy said:
I'm sorry to say..but the rest of that entire build kit is appalling. Doesn't fit the rest of the bike IMO.

Hmm.. I'm all for constructive criticism but that is harsh. No justification or suggestion. :shock:

That is an awesome bike and the money has obviously been spent to save it from rotting away! Far better spent that covering it in 'bling' parts that would make it uncomfortable to ride!

You thought that was harsh? Good thing I held back, you might have started crying.

I was just stating my opinion of the parts hung on the bike. I could tell him how I'd build it, but that wouldn't do much good.

He explained why the build is what it is...good enough for me.

scant":2huz56sl said:
the last 20 or so yo eddys ever made had disc brakes (older style hayes 22mm chainstay mount, adapter to IS 51mm mount are available tho). I think spikes sold 1 a while back? looking back its 1 of the few frames I regret not buying.

its funny how disc brakes are still viewed as modern. mtn cycles san andreas had them in 91.

monsterfatuk, glad it all worked out for you in the end :)

More than aware the last Yos had disk mounts and pro stop discs have been around since the early 90s.
My point was more that in my opinion it would be a shame to start welding discs onto something like a yo esp if it didn't come with them originally. At the end of the day though if anyone wants to start sticking disc mounts on their Yo, Fat 10th, original Stumpjumper or anything else that's up to them ;)

John":2g3p85e3 said:
scant":2g3p85e3 said:
the last 20 or so yo eddys ever made had disc brakes (older style hayes 22mm chainstay mount, adapter to IS 51mm mount are available tho). I think spikes sold 1 a while back? looking back its 1 of the few frames I regret not buying.

its funny how disc brakes are still viewed as modern. mtn cycles san andreas had them in 91.

More than aware the last Yos had disk mounts and pro stop discs have been around since the early 90s.
My point was more that in my opinion it would be a shame to start welding discs onto something like a yo esp if it didn't come with them originally. At the end of the day though if anyone wants to start sticking disc mounts on their Yo, Fat 10th, original Stumpjumper or anything else that's up to them ;)

I didnt say I'd recommend welding disc tabs to monsters yo ;)

anyone welding disc tabs to a 10th should be shot ;) :LOL:

Oh man. Abort.

rumpfy":22hfudgq said:
I'm sorry to say..but the rest of that entire build kit is appalling. Doesn't fit the rest of the bike IMO.

Couldn't have said it better. If I was in the UK i would have given you a crank for free just to not have to had seen it on that build.

If the intention is to purposely hang new parts on an old frame to make it functional, then sweet. But mixing and matching just to get it out there is no bueno.

Just my $.02. Dont get all mad just cause someone voices displeasure on a build. Its a forum. If we all blew smoke up our asses about every bike posted here, then it wouldn't be a very interesting forum.

scant":gw0wm9br said:
John":gw0wm9br said:
scant":gw0wm9br said:

I didnt say I'd recommend welding disc tabs to monsters yo ;)

anyone welding disc tabs to a 10th should be shot ;) :LOL:

At close range!!!

OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK :shock:

what cranks should i put on :?:

gotta be black or near black :!:

and around 1996,, and dont say black four arm bontrager :LOL:

Back