What are Furious Freds like on road

jmsjabb

Dirt Disciple
As title, are Furious Freds any good for light trail and road, predominantly dry?
Also, is their 2.2 a good 2.2 or are they smaller than stated? Will they fit and run well on my Clockwork?

slightly smaller than stated and last only 5 mins on the road before there's nothing left good off road crap on road ;)

slightly smaller than stated and last only 5 mins on the road before there's nothing left good off road crap on road

Good effort with the apostrophe, sprinkle sentence liberally with commas until it makes sense.

Schwalbe's road-oriented tyres generally have a weak carcass and not enough rubber to provide any sort of durability or puncture protection.
For your intended use, I'd avoid Schwalbe.

I must say I was pretty pleased with the Specialized Crossroads 1.95" tyres I initially put on my 503. plenty of grip in the sand, and they rolled like a proper road tyre when you were on asphalt. They were cheap too.

spec_crossroads_arma_08_m.jpg

I did around 1500 miles with mine, and they look like they'll last another 10K+.
I only took them off because I wanted pure road tyres with amberwalls on that bike, but plan to put them on another bike soon.

xerxes":3lvaw72s said:
slightly smaller than stated and last only 5 mins on the road before there's nothing left good off road crap on road

Good effort with the apostrophe, sprinkle sentence liberally with commas until it makes sense.

I think you forgot an emoicon yourself.Wouldn't want this to be misconstrued ;)

xerxes":2bnbrnag said:

You obviously have never met cannondale king. If you had you would know about his long battle with dyslexia. Next time engage brain before typing.

I think an apology is due.

Back