Le Tour 2012!

To me that's better than England winning the world cup, what sport should really be all about. If I wasn't back in on another early shift tomorrow I'd be sinking a few tonight in celebration, so its just the one for big man Brad, well done fella! :D

I was definitely a 'Wiggins for the Tour' doubter but his lead out on Friday, crushing victory yesterday and lead out today were total class. Are we really looking at a British 1-2 in Le Tour and the greatest sprinter in Tour history being British? Unthinkable just 5 years ago.

National pride has a lot to answer for but, for the moment, sod that - Allez les Rosbifs!

retrocomeback":1pzzwgq3 said:
To me that's better than England winning the world cup, what sport should really be all about. If I wasn't back in on another early shift tomorrow I'd be sinking a few tonight in celebration, so its just the one for big man Brad, well done fella! :D

in my eye,s it,s the greatest sporting achievement of any british athlete ,what else comes close ? 4 minute mile ? heavy weight champ of the world ?

Its the Monaco gp of cycling, the one they all want to win. Well done wiggins here's to team gb spanking them all in the olympics.

I cried!

British team, British riders on the top two steps of the podium and Cav flying over the line.... It was all a bit too much.

Love it.

grahame":2mnltnof said:
I've got this recurring image of the Sky teamtalk:

<Michael Caine voice>

Gentlemen, gentlemen. We are about to do a job in France. Now, it's a very difficult job and the only way to get through it is if we all work together as a team. OK so here is the job, we are going to the Alps to take the Maillot Jeune from right under their noses, and they won't like that.

These chinless wonders are our domestiques. They can ride rings round anybody else we'll meet on the way.

This is the plan; keep it tight, don't get distracted by the scenery or unnecessary stage wins, and try not to hurt anybody.

So that is the plan and this is the venue. France. And Belgium. Oh, and a little bit of Switzerland.

What it lacks in brown beer and sideburns it more than makes up for in beauty, trees, smooth roads and mountains.

They have a fit population, but they are full of du pain, du vin and du bourcin at the moment and we have toured bigger and better before and come out suntanned.

This is a good time for the raid as they are missing several key people who have been caught taking the wrong medicines or eating dodgy steaks.

France is a beautiful country, and there are plenty of dusky maidens to see and do, but this ain't no holiday trip. This is purely business. We go, we see and then we conquer.

Good luck gentlemen and remember Yes, it's a question of prestige.

If you go through with this, you've got to win.

Now where did I park that mini?

</Michael Caine voice>

"Oh! One more thing. Just remember, in this country they drive on the wrong side of the road." ;)

David

Seemingly Dave Brailsford has said if Cavendish wanted to leave he could! I always thought he was brought in to bring about some sucess to a limping Sky. Now with the GC to protect and two GC riders is he superflous?

kaiser":2p8yd4j0 said:
Seemingly Dave Brailsford has said if Cavendish wanted to leave he could! I always thought he was brought in to bring about some sucess to a limping Sky. Now with the GC to protect and two GC riders is he superflous?

A limping Sky? That's a bit harsh, as the team has only existed for three years. Given the illness and tragedy that hit the first year, I think they've done amazingly well. I also think Chris Froome has a lot to thank the team for.

Now the question is, when all the Wiggins mania dies down: What can they deliver next season?

NeilM":qqoslw14 said:
kaiser":qqoslw14 said:

A limping Sky? That's a bit harsh, as the team has only existed for three years. Given the illness and tragedy that hit the first year, I think they've done amazingly well. I also think Chris Froome has a lot to thank the team for.

Now the question is, when all the Wiggins mania dies down: What can they deliver next season?

Let,s see what the vuelta brings,and see if froome handles the pressure of being team leader

Back