Paging Saltyman! ( FATBIKE content! )

195226f7.jpg

da2813d8.jpg

I have some prototype pics on the computer but these are the complete build pics I have so far ;)

I saw he'd commented on pricing but I think it was a educated guess rather than anything from Surly. From what I can pick up the only differences from a regular 29er are the tyres and rims. Everything else is off the shelf. Whereas your fatbike has a load od one offs. Thats why I was thinking maybe a £200 premium over a Karate Monkey for instance.

Yeah the rims and tires are the main thing so shouldnt be asking much more than KM money I hope.

I wonder if they'll do a SS version. I'd be tempted to sell one of the Karate Monkeys to fund that....

I like this a lot. Thing is, even with 2.3s I always felt my beloved Monkey looked a bit " under-tyred. " Now with this and me being a fat giraffe it'll look...TO SCALE!

According to Charlie the Bikemonger over on STW, Framesets, rims and tyres eta end of 2012, completes around March / April 2013 and the wheels have a OD of 31.5". I'm off to find a tape measure now to see if they'll fit my 907..... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Latest posts

Back