Future classic:Dogma DI-2 Black/blue.

You mean Wiggins' bike? I think it will - it's hard to know now what will be classic later (unlike some limited editions etc) but why not his bike? Merckx had his orange Merckx and Hinault had his blue Gitane and Coppi had his celeste Bianchi. I can see Dogmas being sold in years to come as Wiggins replicas, complete with Sky apparel etc.

Just my opinion on the other hand - I think those wavy carbon Pinarellos are pig-ugly... :shock:

dbmtb":3htjiiic said:
Yay or nay?

Discuss.

Probably. I think, like the early carbon Looks and Alans and Boardman's Lotus, that although not everyone's cup of tea when first making its appearance, it'll grow on people.

David

Defiantly; and an exact replica bought in the same TDF winning year is all the more special. Just need to apply for a second mortgage to buy one and 20 years to pass to make it a retro / classic ride ;)

For the folk who can put a bike in a glass display cabinet...yes. Do the current crop of carbon bikes have a definite life span? How long will they last given 'normal and usual' riding/wear and tear?

Yes, I am tempted.

Back