Le Tour 2012!

kaiser":33vn04in said:
And as much as the GC battle was a bit lack lustre Sky's domination did allow some cracking stage battles.

Only Nibali seemed bothered about putting up any real challenge to Sky; what Hesjedal - chasing a possible double header - might have done had he not bowed out due to injury is an interesting moot point though.

Hoping Sky wrap it up with a stage win for Cav tomorrow, based on Friday's result that sprint finish of his seems as sharp as ever despite suggestions otherwise.

David

I had dinner tonight with a life long mate who used to tell me no one British could ever win the tour because we don't have the right culture.

What Wiggins demonstrates is that that is bunkum; self belief, determination and perseverance is most of the journey.

Thinking back, he also told me I shouldn't take tennis so seriously...

Bit shocked just found out (I know I'm normally behind!!)

Wiggins was born in Belgium !!!! :shock:

daj":gxaj0ow7 said:

And Froome was born in Kenya :D

Millar was born in Malta :D :D

Should be a good finale today, being shown on ITV1 as well :)

daj":2qmt2xfm said:

and his dad is australian ,and use to live in the same block of flats as tom simpson in ghent :D

highlandsflyer":8kgnz1v3 said:
I had dinner tonight with a life long mate who used to tell me no one British could ever win the tour because we don't have the right culture.

What Wiggins demonstrates is that that is bunkum; self belief, determination and perseverance is most of the journey.

Well he was right about the Tennis :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Come on the Brits :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

On current form the British olympic road racing team would appear to be practically unbeatable?

Would it be wrong to say that Cav actually looks faster since he's dropped a few pounds?

Grannygrinder":1vqgnqr8 said:
Would it be wrong to say that Cav actually looks faster since he's dropped a few pounds?

not up the mountains he isn't :LOL: ;)

but on his stage win the other day he went past the other guys like they were stood still :shock: I just don't know where he gets the power & speed from. Amazing.

Grannygrinder":1c4tmc7y said:
highlandsflyer":1c4tmc7y said:

On current form the British olympic road racing team would appear to be practically unbeatable?

not really so sure, after the tour riders will either come out of it f*%ked or flying, there will be plenty there to put cav to the test on box hill. i rather like the look of leon luis sanchez. he did a super strong TT , and is the tyre of rider who will be looking to get away in a group. noot sure if sagan is riding, but could also be a handful

matthew71":mlrbhgxt said:
Grannygrinder":mlrbhgxt said:
highlandsflyer":mlrbhgxt said:

not really so sure, after the tour riders will either come out of it f*%ked or flying, there will be plenty there to put cav to the test on box hill. i rather like the look of leon luis sanchez. he did a super strong TT , and is the tyre of rider who will be looking to get away in a group. noot sure if sagan is riding, but could also be a handful

I think Sagan is riding, and the course could well suit him. Ditto Cav's Sky colleague Edvald Boasson Hagen, who's also down to ride (I think).

David

Back