Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:51 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:01 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Posts: 3365
Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
kaiser wrote:
And as much as the GC battle was a bit lack lustre Sky's domination did allow some cracking stage battles.


Only Nibali seemed bothered about putting up any real challenge to Sky; what Hesjedal - chasing a possible double header - might have done had he not bowed out due to injury is an interesting moot point though.

Hoping Sky wrap it up with a stage win for Cav tomorrow, based on Friday's result that sprint finish of his seems as sharp as ever despite suggestions otherwise.

David


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11905
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
I had dinner tonight with a life long mate who used to tell me no one British could ever win the tour because we don't have the right culture.

What Wiggins demonstrates is that that is bunkum; self belief, determination and perseverance is most of the journey.

Thinking back, he also told me I shouldn't take tennis so seriously...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 am 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
Bit shocked just found out (I know I'm normally behind!!)

Wiggins was born in Belgium !!!! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:07 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20997
Location: Sol Kitts
And Froome in Kenya.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm
Posts: 7524
Location: Aberdeen
daj wrote:
Bit shocked just found out (I know I'm normally behind!!)

Wiggins was born in Belgium !!!! :shock:


And Froome was born in Kenya :D

Millar was born in Malta :D :D



Should be a good finale today, being shown on ITV1 as well :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 2705
Location: nuneaton warks
daj wrote:
Bit shocked just found out (I know I'm normally behind!!)

Wiggins was born in Belgium !!!! :shock:


and his dad is australian ,and use to live in the same block of flats as tom simpson in ghent :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:11 am 
aka Leo Swayer
aka Leo Swayer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 6395
Location: Wales.UK
highlandsflyer wrote:
I had dinner tonight with a life long mate who used to tell me no one British could ever win the tour because we don't have the right culture.

What Wiggins demonstrates is that that is bunkum; self belief, determination and perseverance is most of the journey.

Thinking back, he also told me I shouldn't take tennis so seriously...


Well he was right about the Tennis :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on the Brits :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On current form the British olympic road racing team would appear to be practically unbeatable?

Would it be wrong to say that Cav actually looks faster since he's dropped a few pounds?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm
Posts: 7524
Location: Aberdeen
Grannygrinder wrote:

Would it be wrong to say that Cav actually looks faster since he's dropped a few pounds?


not up the mountains he isn't :lol: :wink:

but on his stage win the other day he went past the other guys like they were stood still :shock: I just don't know where he gets the power & speed from. Amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:19 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 2705
Location: nuneaton warks
Grannygrinder wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
I had dinner tonight with a life long mate who used to tell me no one British could ever win the tour because we don't have the right culture.

What Wiggins demonstrates is that that is bunkum; self belief, determination and perseverance is most of the journey.

Thinking back, he also told me I shouldn't take tennis so seriously...


Well he was right about the Tennis :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on the Brits :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On current form the British olympic road racing team would appear to be practically unbeatable?

Would it be wrong to say that Cav actually looks faster since he's dropped a few pounds?



not really so sure, after the tour riders will either come out of it f*%ked or flying, there will be plenty there to put cav to the test on box hill. i rather like the look of leon luis sanchez. he did a super strong TT , and is the tyre of rider who will be looking to get away in a group. noot sure if sagan is riding, but could also be a handful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:50 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Posts: 3365
Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
matthew71 wrote:
Grannygrinder wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
I had dinner tonight with a life long mate who used to tell me no one British could ever win the tour because we don't have the right culture.

What Wiggins demonstrates is that that is bunkum; self belief, determination and perseverance is most of the journey.

Thinking back, he also told me I shouldn't take tennis so seriously...


Well he was right about the Tennis :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on the Brits :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On current form the British olympic road racing team would appear to be practically unbeatable?

Would it be wrong to say that Cav actually looks faster since he's dropped a few pounds?



not really so sure, after the tour riders will either come out of it f*%ked or flying, there will be plenty there to put cav to the test on box hill. i rather like the look of leon luis sanchez. he did a super strong TT , and is the tyre of rider who will be looking to get away in a group. noot sure if sagan is riding, but could also be a handful


I think Sagan is riding, and the course could well suit him. Ditto Cav's Sky colleague Edvald Boasson Hagen, who's also down to ride (I think).

David


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group