Newby alert what do I need to know?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Old Ned":2onrfyk3 said:
DannyB":2onrfyk3 said:
Just checked the ones I am watching are 27" wheels and your advice says avoid these rest of them dont mention wheel size

27" tyres etc. are still available so don't discount this size if the wheels are in good condition and the bike is built to take them as many older bikes were. My Pennine has 27" wheels with alloy Milremo rims and Campag hubs which ride very nicely. However, if the wheels are getting a bit long in the tooth or are steel rimmed then probably best to avoid as replacing etc. may cost more than the bike is worth.

I read on another site that you can frequently run 700C on frames originally spec'd with 27inch. If it remember correctly the ability to do this depended on the amount of adjustment on the brake pads.

DannyB":2zsu7fzv said:
Would a 19" frame be too small for me i'm 5 foot 9 30" inside leg (old style frame)

I think slightly too small - I'm about the same height and have a 20 or 21inch frame usually

Well i bought the Royal Enfield Club!!!

I have not ignored any advice you gave thanks again. The reason i went for it is there is just something about it i like and at £25 it will keep me out of trouble and i will have something to put on my Lidl bike stand :LOL: So i can tinker / learn with this and get something better when i have the money

DannyB":3a99xh0s said:
Well i bought the Royal Enfield Club!!!

I have not ignored any advice you gave thanks again. The reason i went for it is there is just something about it i like and at £25 it will keep me out of trouble and i will have something to put on my Lidl bike stand :LOL: So i can tinker / learn with this and get something better when i have the money

Well its a functional bike, you can pull the seat post up high if its smallish, it was cheap and as you say you can now tinker. I'm using that Lidl bike stand too and its great. :)

Cheers Bud any idea what year it is Roughly there does not seem to be a great deal of info on the brand online which i think is what drew me to it. Pick it up next week fingers crossed :LOL:

Latest posts

Back