console wars !!

360 for me. I got one of the real early ones and Ive never had the ring so Im lucky there although a load of my mates have all suffered the failiure.

Ps3 is pointless and ugly. Missed the boat in terms of product launch compared with the 360. All games play the same as 360.

Also my gaming development mate says is a real bitch to work on and therefore games are harder to develop for it. He had one years ago as a dev machine when they came out and none of the developers raved about it at all. Stick with 360 is what was recommended.

Its also ugly.

The PS3 logo looks like "Spiderman 3"

XBOX Live is sooo much better than PS3's offering. Seems to be a lot of spamming going on the Sony FREE service....

PS3 is a bonus sporting the blu-ray format but you'll start to see hi quality online downloads happening soon enough so any physical disc formats will slowly die off in the next few years.

Its very old hat having a cdrom/dvd game...already u can download hi-def films through Xbox LIVE so not long now for full 360 games as soon as they are released.

I dont like Microsoft, believe me, I hate Vista its total bloatware and Im running 64bit on a hi spec machine, but the Xbox 360 is quite slick I must say.

My twenty quid.

stew-b":3iuq46dy said:
well i had both and ended up selling the ps3,its got nothing over the 360 excpet bluray which wasnt enough for me to justify keeping it.online store is shit and the games are pretty much all avaliable on the 360 anyway,sorry but ps3 is shite..

Not sure why you think PS3 is shite. You say it is better cos of blu ray, but has less games...which is not surprising as been out less time. So it just has less games :?

Poor arguement dude! Must try harder! ;)

PC gaming:

Crysis is good tho even though it needs about a 4 billion quid machine to make it run nice.

Wii gaming: Fun for 10 minutes. Sold mine day later on Singletrack.

jez-4-bikes-max":3sq80xci said:
PC gaming:

Crysis is good tho even though it needs about a 4 billion quid machine to make it run nice.

Wii gaming: Fun for 10 minutes. Sold mine day later on Singletrack.

Agree on the wii, is a night of fun, then game over. Gets pretty tedious.

You should see my kid on the PS3 - scarey how good a 4yr old is at Ratchet and Clank...hes telling me what to do!

Here is my 2p. I had all the games at one time BITD (including a NEO GEO!!! still make them in Japan)
The game I played the most was 'Medal of Honor' for the Mac. But I only played on-line games. Just sweet. Untill the kids started plying and then the cheats :roll: Just play for fun. Its not life or death. Like here with BOTM A bit off fun :D
HD is nearly dead Blue is 'soon' to be King. If i was lucky to have a spare £££ to 'waste' then a PS3 would be my choice.
But I've got a Trimble to build so no wasting money on computer/console games.
Any body want to buy a Mac with out a harddrive or RAM :? :shock:

PS3? Xbox180?

I like to keep things old skool with Frogger on the 2600 or maybe sonic 2 on the megadrive if I'm feeling extravagent.

PS3 is the technically better machine with better spec no-one is debating that BUT is it the better games machine?

I think not, the games availability on 360 will always give it the edge. The fact that the PS3 does other things is a mute point IMO (apart from blu-ray), most people just want to play games on them!

And I HATE microsoft. :twisted:

My 5p's worth -

PS3 will win the day simply because of the bluray drive but... I feel the xbox is a better gamers experience, and using it is simple compared to the clunky feel of the ps3 frontend.

The Xbox is a hell of a lot easier to develop for so I suspect most ground will be broken on that console, not many developers can afford to be excusive to one platform any more so it seems to be at the moment, develop for the 360 and port the product to the ps3 - this will probably change over time but technically the PS3 is no better than the 360.

Back