I was just thinking....

Gimmick or not (im currently on the fence as havent tried and probably wont), i can see it bringing a possible new interest to mtb for while. A bit of zest which was needed. Sure you can buy a 29er online - but if like me you havent tried it you'd most likely be looking to go to a physical shop to try one. Then your through the fornt door....

I absolutely disagree with some manufacturers having only 29inch wheeled bikes in some ranges though.

Im still seeing very few on the streets or trails. I think maybe serious UK cyclists are less inclined to ride the crest of the fashion wave and are more critical when it comes to serious stuff like performance and reliability.

Or maybe were retarded, slow to catch on? Who knows?

wow, over here everybody is riding 29ers... if you ride a ht and ride 26 people look at you like your weird... like you just pulled up on a recumbent or something

24 inch for short people, 26 for average 29 for tall.......jst like 12/ 16/ 20 inch for kids............any bigger than 29 and gyroscopic effects would slow flickability down i would guess.

The gyroscopic effect of 9s over 6s is already noticeable, as is the wheel flex. That why cheap ones are crap. Need to spend ackers on a nice one with light, stiff rims to make them work proper like.

If course, those boys in the states have Geoff Apps to thank for giving Gary Fisher the idea, and we have the Yanks to thank for Jay Leno, McDonalds, and Tippex.

tippex is awesome..................especially for marking the crank notches on old ford crossflows lol ;)

lol, forgot how much it stinks till thursday evening.........

anyway back on topic....

weathers nice today ;) lol

Back