Film Club

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1tz3togi said:
I took the kids to watch Ice age 4 on saturday, does that count? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I see nothing wrong with that. :LOL: I Always liked Ice Age movies myself! :)

The bits with the poor old squirrel and his acorn are hilarious :LOL: :LOL:
I was expecting it to be poor compared to the other 3, as it could be getting a bit long in the tooth by now, but the standard was still pretty good :D

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1cb6f929 said:
The bits with the poor old squirrel and his acorn are hilarious :LOL: :LOL:
I was expecting it to be poor compared to the other 3, as it could be getting a bit long in the tooth by now, but the standard was still pretty good :D

Hope kids enjoy it also! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

+1 for Big Night. Love that film. Makes me really huingry though....

Some recent films I enjoyed- God Bless America, Super, and (only if you like REALLY dark films) watch Snowtown, absolutly blew me away.

I find really good kids films tend to be good for adults too.

Doesn't work the other way round, though there are exceptions.

Dropped the clan off to watch Batman the night, had things to do myself or would otherwise have taken a look.

By all accounts it was great.

One I liked recently is "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara. For a classic English gangster film, "The Long Good Friday", with Bob Hoskins-"Mona Lisa", also with Bob Hoskins.

Just finished watching Contact with Jodie Foster. Very thought provoking and some of the themes are even more relevant today than when it was first released.

FairfaxPat":zny7te3s said:
One I liked recently is "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara. For a classic English gangster film, "The Long Good Friday", with Bob Hoskins-"Mona Lisa", also with Bob Hoskins.

With you on that.

Hoskins is one of those actors whose name guarantees I will watch the film.

Well, apart from those daft Disney films.

:)

Back