Le Tour 2012!

suburbanreuben":1gxken94 said:
One things certain; Nibbly is going to have to go for it big time tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see how Sky react. Can Wiggins stay with him, and if he can't, will Froome , leaving it every man for himself in the TT?

Good stuff!

Nibbly :LOL: :LOL:

I don't think Sky are any different from BMC or Liquigas or Rabbobank (before they lost most of their riders), they are just doing a better job.

In order to survive at this level, cycling needs major sponsorship; in order to justify the outlay of marketing cash, the sponsors need coverage and they need results.

I'm a new boy to watching road riding (damn my warped offspring), but can anyone tell me the last time an ostensibly British team, with a high number of British riders had this level of success in a season?

Oh and as a side bet, watch Brad, Cav and the others get behind Froome on the next Grand Tour (is that Spain?).

I have ordered a bright yellow polo shirt to wear to work on Monday. I don't generally do bright colours so hopefully someone will ask, "Why?"

However, Radio 4 are reporting on the tour so perhaps they will know?

I think Ed has aranged the Hereford road ride on the day of the time trial so we can say, "Yeah, of course I rode further than Brad today."

Go Wiggins.

NeilM":28is0297 said:
I don't think Sky are any different from BMC or Liquigas or Rabbobank (before they lost most of their riders), they are just doing a better job.

In order to survive at this level, cycling needs major sponsorship; in order to justify the outlay of marketing cash, the sponsors need coverage and they need results.

I'm a new boy to watching road riding (damn my warped offspring), but can anyone tell me the last time an ostensibly British team, with a high number of British riders had this level of success in a season?

Oh and as a side bet, watch Brad, Cav and the others get behind Froome on the next Grand Tour (is that Spain?).

If they'd done that last year he'd already have la Vuelta in the bag.
I can't help feeling more than a little short-changed by Sky; with 2km to go, Froome looked as though he would have caught Valverde, but Sky said no! They turned what should have been a race into a procession.
Wiggins should have manned the fook up and told Froome to go. So what if he'd taken a chunk of time from wiggy? It could have made the final TT very interesting. As it is, I don't expect them to be team mates next year, which can only be good for the sport.

mr_ship":1tp8dimh said:
Indeed, all the other teams must have known exactly what Sky's gameplan was going be once the squad was named. They've just not been good enough to do anything about it. A British 1-2 unless the wheels totally fall off tomorrow....

Great ride again by Voeckler today, plenty of Panache.

Voeckler's had a fantastic TdF (again!) - a real entertainer with plenty of fight, and more than deserves that mountains jersey. Compatriots Pinot and Rolland are certain to accrue similar great achievements in Tours to come.

David

BOSCH!!! Cavendish was like a missile, passed the front few riders like they were standing still, awesome! :D

As much as I try I can't comprehend how Cavendish can produce so much speed when the race is already flat out. Frightening.

Back