Raleigh Dyna-Tech Ti road frame - any ideas?

TomSpriggs

Retro Newbie
My wife has a Raleigh Dyna-tech 901 oversize titanium frame road bike. I am trying to find out a bit more about it - does anybody here know anything of it's history / value / rarity etc etc?

The sticker says "A product of Raleigh industries ltd. Made in England. Conforms to BS 6102/1" with serial no. 50837499

Ill try loading some photos next!

photos

Best I could work out how to upload pics hope they work [They didnt - but see below]. It is a lovely little frame, really supple, nicely welded and with complete shimano 600. The horrible stem is to try and sort out her bad back and hands - not a good fit and we might replace the bike eventually....

IMG_6144.jpg
[/img]

Hey-very nice-welded Dynatech
Can never understand why they called them Dynatech though when they were welded

What size is it? 52cm 53cm?
If the wife doesn't like it and your'e looking to sell let me know..
looks my size and all!!

jackcharlton":2vkznz5m said:
Hey-very nice-welded Dynatech
Can never understand why they called them Dynatech though when they were welded

What size is it? 52cm 53cm?
If the wife doesn't like it and your'e looking to sell let me know..
looks my size and all!!

For a while all of the "serious" Raleigh road models were lumped in with the Dyna-Tech range regardless of how they were fabricated, before the Special Products branding (with silver heron-in-a-circle head badge) came along.

Lovely bike there, though. Always been keen on owning a titanium Raleigh but still waiting for one to come along with the right size and asking price!

David

I would try swapping the bars: something like ITM Randonneur / ITM Kero, 3T Forma Randonneur as these have a shorter reach and shallower drops. While you might not get a prettier stem, the fit would hopefully be better.

Would changing the saddle angle help with your wife's back and hand trouble?
From the photos it looks to be tipped forward much too far, which would put
more strain on the rider's back and wrists.
Maybe it is just the photo, or maybe it's something that you're already aware
of, but that saddle angle looks wrong to me.

Cheers,

Johnny

Back